Cheshire country lanes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David_widnes

Veteran
Went for a nice Sunday morning 45 ride with a couple of mates this morning , first time we have headed into the Cheshire countryside usually ride up and around Southport, Wigan and Liverpool areas.
Got to say I loved our ride roads were empty and some lovely villages around Comerbach and Budworth and will definitely be heading out that way again.
Saw a few group rides too and was wondering does anyone know any club rides that meet around Warrington or near by that I could look into joining for a spin one Sunday , one group of about 25 passed us while we checked the map near Appleton Thorn but didn't catch any club names on the jerseys.

400bhp

Guru
North Cheshire Clarion fella - very friendly club and well organised too. Do saturday short rides and longer sunday rides

billy1561

BB wrecker
David, look up chapel house cycling club. Great bunch and they ride every Sunday and a comfortable pace. Usually a choice of 2 routes i believe. I've been out with them on the Wednesday evening ride and that's the same, a choice of 2 routes.

billy1561

BB wrecker
NCC meet up in winwick, i've been looking at em for a while tbh considering joining as i'm only in birchwood.
They allow a few rides without joining so people can get a feel of the club before committing. I had a couple of rides with them and enjoyed it but my shifts don't have much flex in them so for now I've yet to join.
They also ride from stretton on a Sunday morning.

Hip Priest

Veteran
David, look up chapel house cycling club. Great bunch and they ride every Sunday and a comfortable pace. Usually a choice of 2 routes i believe. I've been out with them on the Wednesday evening ride and that's the same, a choice of 2 routes.

My parents live pretty much next door to the Chapel House. My mum was telling me about the cycling club the other week, so I might come out for a ride next time I'm back in Warrington.

OP
OP
David_widnes

David_widnes

Veteran
Thanks for the info chaps ,I'm going to check out NCC and Chapel house CC
The only thing putting me off is that first ride it reminds me a bit of one of those self help sessions you know introduce yourself - Hello my name's David and I like cycling
But I'm going for it anyway

Psyklon

Thanks for the info chaps ,I'm going to check out NCC and Chapel house CC
The only thing putting me off is that first ride it reminds me a bit of one of those self help sessions you know introduce yourself - Hello my name's David and I like cycling
But I'm going for it anyway
Hi David, I been out a few times with the Chapel House and have just officially signed-up! Great bunch of Guys...and Gals, and a very well run club. They made me feel really welcome, once I'd uttered those immortal words..."Hi, my name's Kevin and I like cycling!!!

OP
OP
David_widnes

David_widnes

Veteran
Hi David, I been out a few times with the Chapel House and have just officially signed-up! Great bunch of Guys...and Gals, and a very well run club. They made me feel really welcome, once I'd uttered those immortal words..."Hi, my name's Kevin and I like cycling!!!
I might get along for one of the Wednesday night rides with Chapel House had a few good recommendations for them and defiantly looking a getting involved in a bigger group ,I usually get out with a couple of mates and do some decent length rides 50 to 75 miles most weekends going out through Wigan over Parbold hill on Sunday love that big climb coming back through Bolton

Psyklon

I'm always out round that way David, Burtonwood, Culcheth, Lymm, High Legh, Great Budworth, Arley Hall etc. Some fantastic lanes in cracking countryside. Great Bud is rapidly becoming my favourite place on earth! I regularly ride out to Tatton Park, Knutsford & Manchester Airport. I also get out through Acton Bridge, Weaverham, Frodsham, Hells Bells, Oulton Park, Delamere, Beeston & Chester. The Eureka Cafe http://www.eurekacyclistscafe.co.uk/ in Chester is a Mecca for cyclists!

OP
OP
David_widnes

David_widnes

Veteran
I'm always out round that way David, Burtonwood, Culcheth, Lymm, High Legh, Great Budworth, Arley Hall etc. Some fantastic lanes in cracking countryside. Great Bud is rapidly becoming my favourite place on earth! I regularly ride out to Tatton Park, Knutsford & Manchester Airport. I also get out through Acton Bridge, Weaverham, Frodsham, Hells Bells, Oulton Park, Delamere, Beeston & Chester. The Eureka Cafe http://www.eurekacyclistscafe.co.uk/ in Chester is a Mecca for cyclists!
I have been doing a ride to Manchester Airport on a Saturday morning regular for a couple of years got it timed just right I get there about 10 mins before the Airbus A380 super jumbo lands ,I have always done this ride through Stretton and over M6 and along the busy Knutsford road to Mere then past Tatton Park and Ashley Village but I found a much better route along really quiet lanes last Sunday when we rode through Comerbach and Budworth and I agree Gt Budworth could become a fab of mine too

Top Bottom