England : Cheshire Cheshire Safari, 160 km, Sun 8th November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Update on the CycleChat Cheshire Safari audax peloton:
  • ColinJ
  • Littgull
  • busdennis
  • DCLane (as far as Eureka with the rest of us)
  • mythste
  • 13 rider (hopefully, subject to rain/travel check)

Don't forget to get your entries in - there is no 'entry on the line' for this event.

Was keen to do this - still am, but had a chest infection and sore throat for the last 2 weeks that I cannot shake off so minimal miles recently, and today's the last day for entry. Having had pneumonia many years ago I dare not risk further aggravation, so will have to miss this. Pity - just my distance.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Was keen to do this - still am, but had a chest infection and sore throat for the last 2 weeks that I cannot shake off so minimal miles recently, and today's the last day for entry. Having had pneumonia many years ago I dare not risk further aggravation, so will have to miss this. Pity - just my distance.
Bad luck, and GWS!

The Audax UK page for the event does say that today (Oct 25th) is the closing date for entries but the Peak Audax website page says that 1st Nov is the last date for entries so it may still be possible to enter for the next week. If you read this between those dates, then try emailing the organiser to confirm.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Littgull has confirmed that he has entered.

The organiser asks that we do not get to event HQ before 08:00 to allow time for the riders doing the longer Eureka event to leave. We aim to get there around 08:15.

Decided to do the Eureka possibly on fixed, though the jury's still out on that idea as the longest I've managed on fixed previously is 24km's :whistle: .

Paul

busdennis

Veteran
just plotted the route to my Garmin 500, looks like one big tour around various golf course to me lol and a difficult course to follow with only a map. weather forcast changing daily so fingers crossed. Are you the same mobile number Colin in case of problems Sunday morning?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

just plotted the route to my Garmin 500, looks like one big tour around various golf course to me lol and a difficult course to follow with only a map. weather forcast changing daily so fingers crossed. Are you the same mobile number Colin in case of problems Sunday morning?
I noticed that the weather forecast is heading the wrong way! :sad:

In some ways, it might not be quite bad enough ... I have a heavy duty Endura jacket which is good for heavy rain, but not brilliant in mild conditions because I overheat. Unless the forecast changes, I will have to wear that and unzip it as necessary.

I'll have the route on my GPS too so we should be ok with navigation. It would be pretty unlucky for both devices to pack up on the same ride! (But if somebody would care to print out the route sheet, it might be a good idea. Oh, and I will put the route on my phone too, although navigating with that would be awkward because I don't have a bar mount for it, and wouldn't use it in rain anyway.)

Yes - same mobile number as the Settle ride!

Top Bottom