England : Cheshire Cheshire Safari, 160 km, Sun 8th November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
OK guys probably the right decision . Hopefully see on another ride some time . I won't be riding either as I was going to rely on Colin for navigation and don't fancy trying to follow the route without a Garmin and the route instructions didn't include distances .At least it saves me the drive

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
OK guys probably the right decision . Hopefully see on another ride some time . I won't be riding either as I was going to rely on Colin for navigation and don't fancy trying to follow the route without a Garmin and the route instructions didn't include distances .At least it saves me the drive
I'm sorry to let you down but I hope you make it up to one of the local rides when the weather is better!

I was just saying to Brian that whoever does do the ride will probably come on here tomorrow evening with tales of dodging heavy rain that they could see in the distance, but I rather suspect that there will actually be tales of epic suffering ...

busdennis

Veteran
its a shame but the best thing to do, always the problem with organising a ride in November, last Sunday was glorious. I will still be riding 60 miles+ to meet some east coast riders for a remembrance day service

13 rider

Guru
I'm sorry to let you down but I hope you make it up to one of the local rides when the weather is better!

I was just saying to Brian that whoever does do the ride will probably come on here tomorrow evening with tales of dodging heavy rain that they could see in the distance, but I rather suspect that there will actually be tales of epic suffering ...
No problems Colin I always knew it was a gamble on the weather it is November after all. I had look at a previous ride of yours but the forecast was dodgy so didn't show any interest and you rode in lovely weather . That's the way the cookie crumbles

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A summary of this event; sunny, wet & windy, dry & windy, very wet

The weather wasn't as bad as forecast, with just rain in the first third and a bit at the end. However, the wind made it hard for most of the route.

13 rider

Guru
A summary of this event; sunny, wet & windy, dry & windy, very wet

The weather wasn't as bad as forecast, with just rain in the first third and a bit at the end. However, the wind made it hard for most of the route.
I thought the wind would be bad I rode yesterday in a hilly area and you get some shelter you must have been properly battered . You have my respect. Im with @ColinJ and quite glad I didn't do it I think @ColinJ and @Littgull save me from my own bravado

Top Bottom