Childhood toys...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sig SilverPrinter

I always wanted a rocking horse never got one.:ohmy:
Did get Tontos horse Scout.
Brothers had Scalextric which sometimes they would let me have a go.
Christmas and my birthday are a week apart and I sometimes got joint presents which I wasn't too happy about.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
micronauts.gif

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Mr Pig said:
We made wooden crossbows, basically a big wooden cross with elastic and 'dolly' clothes pegs as projectiles. The trick was finding good elastic...

Our variant: Peg guns. Nail one of those spring loaded wooden pegs to a bit of wood- nail through the centre of the peg. At the other end bang in a small headless nail. Dismantle a load of pegs and get the springs, throw away the wooden bit. Get some really good elastic bands, not too wide, definitely not too narrow. Thread peg spring onto band. Stretch band over nail, clip peg spring into peg nailed to other end. Squeeze peg to fire.

Mr Phoebus

just jim said:
A pure loved ma wee plastic sodjers.

I must have collected all the WWII Airfix soldiers large and the small.

Spend ages setting them all up in the flower beds and grass, etc. Then with a friend take it in turns with a "Gobby"
(large marble) to knock them all down.

Mr Phoebus

There was usually a Tarzan rope swing strung up somewhere along the river bank.
Dares to who had the bottle to swing to the other side and land on the other bank.
Lots of... Uh oh, Chongo..it's Danger Island.

Mr Pig

palinurus said:

Oh yeah, i had those too and they were really weird! You got all sorts of vehicles and stuff that came apart and you could 'plug' the figures into them. I don't know, there was just something creepy about them!

Talking about the seventies, how funny is this?:

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ApiPS6GAy_0&feature=related

just jim

I also had plastic Cowboys and Indians (I mean Native American) who liked to pitch in with the G.I's to defeat those damn Nazis. Things really got interesting when the Dinosaurs showed up.

col

Legendary Member
Mr Pig said:
Had that. It was called ricochet racers.

ricochet.jpg

I had that too:biggrin:but unless you were on lino or some smooth surface ,they didnt go very fast or far.

Mr Pig

just jim said:
I also had plastic Cowboys and Indians

I just bought my daughter some cowboys and Indians, and a big-scale wild west train, off eBay. Everyone had these as a kid but they're pretty hard to find these days. I'd also like to buy her two metal cowboy guns, to go with the holsters she has, but I cannot find any. When I was small they were everywhere, now it's just a sea of plastic.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Mr Pig said:
My mate had a Chopper that was called a Chopper Sprint. It had a thinner front wheel and racer handlebars! I used to rib him all the time about it not being a real Chopper but some monster made up of leftover bits. Whas it a genuine bike? looked crap whatever it was...
Here was my 1979 take on a fast chopper with fairing and drop bars:
Bike02.jpg

And here are my current Lego creations:
DSC000052.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC000082.jpg

DSC000092.jpg

Both are all wheel drive and driven with twin motors with full suspension and have powered winches capable of lifting 2kg. The 6x6 truck also has a pnumatic powered crane and underlift and powered shear legs.

Top Bottom