Children's names

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I have a Nigerian customer who is a dead ringer for Shrek, apart from the position of his ears and his skin colour. His middle name is "Thank God", which we suspect he acquired just after birth when the midwife asked his Mum if she had a name and Mum gasped: "Thank God!"

Last edited:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
You weren't actually called Newt by your parents?

Gingrich?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Perhaps I should clarify that I do quite like these, having noticed that the OP is asking about 'worst' examples. I like names that break the mould of 'Jane' and 'John', and I admire people with a bit of imagination.

It's possible to decide at a very early age what to be called. I wonder how many people on here decided, like me, not to use the name they were originally given?
Ahmet Zappa went through school wanting to be called Mike... he hated his silly rock star name. And then there's Zowie Bowie, changed it to Duncan.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Mrs Milkfloat is a teacher at a girls school. It made choosing a name for a daughter very difficult, as in her many years of teaching she had come across a lot of girls that she would not allow our daughter to share the same with. In her opinion you can tell a lot about a person from their name, whether or not the parents choice of name reflects their parenting skill or the kid just lives up to their name I will leave you to decide. Favourites of the underachievers; Kylie, Chantelle, Jordana and most double barrelled first names,

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I have just remembered attending a children's party where the siblings named Madison, Washington and Huckleberry.

And at a party recently where there was a striking young man with given name of Lionheart.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Perhaps I should clarify that I do quite like these, having noticed that the OP is asking about 'worst' examples. I like names that break the mould of 'Jane' and 'John', and I admire people with a bit of imagination.

It's possible to decide at a very early age what to be called. I wonder how many people on here decided, like me, not to use the name they were originally given?
I have noticed among my daughter's friends those with the double barreled names dropping one of the names as they have become older.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
My mother worked as a nursery nurse in my old (Catholic) infant school- Immaculada Concepta. Not sure what the unfortunate girls surname was.

Once worked with a bloke who's daughters were called Tsari and Kalamar.

Friends of ours are just about to have their first, we asked them about names, they told us a few and then said "Deacon...."

Our stereo reply was "NO!"

Top Bottom