Child's Party - No show

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bianchi1

Guru
Is this a sad reflection of today's parents and children?

A dry ski slope? My 5 year-old got a playgym. We've done the local light railway, Diggerland and down a mine. But skiing? :wacko:

Dry slopes don't just offer skiing. Chances are they were having a 'tubeing' party. Basically throwing children down a slope in a giant rubber ring. They love it!

Hip Priest

Veteran
It's rude for people not to show up, but it's one of those annoyances you put down to experience. The parents sending the invoice are obviously the sort of people who'd chase every minor grievance to the ends of the earth. A tenner says they're helmet-cammers...

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Yes both sides are being silly, i bet the 5 year olds have more common sense .
Just a bit af a caveat regarding a dry ski slope, my local one does parties but the young uns get to go on the "toboggan " ride with parents which is a dry slope sled thing rather than skiing.

Read the story...
Still missing the point by a mile. They are not bothered about the £15 or winning in court for such a small sum. The damage is caused by dragging them thru the mud by going down this road. And the silly family made it worst by notaying up, making silly comments about double booked with grandparents and no contact details.

U

User482

Is this a sad reflection of today's parents and children?
No.

HTH.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Still missing the point by a mile. They are not bothered about the £15 or winning in court for such a small sum. The damage is caused by dragging them thru the mud by going down this road. And the silly family made it worst by notaying up, making silly comments about double booked with grandparents and no contact details.

How do you know, are you psychic or summat?

How do you know, are you psychic or summat?

Purely presumptious on my part but the damage to the other family must be bad for not closing out this matter for £15. If it was me, I would put up my hands, cough up the £15 and take the wind out their sails. It would certainly not make the media.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Bloke down the road made his kid miss a kids party....I'll ring the press..I do hope my life never becomes this sad..

Mattonsea

Über Member
In defense of no show family , my kids are invited to party's that I have no connection with the parents ,and the invites are sent so far forward now a days that you end up loosing the bit of paper and their numbers. As a parent though I obviously make sure I at least chat to the parents before hand.
I have seen a change in parents recently , a lot more shallow and materialistic. The party bags are stuffed full of DVDs ,vouchers and other expensive tat.

Top Bottom