chinese carbon wheels???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
They look great Pete ! Don't let your Mum see you leaning your bike on her car though , she will go mad !

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
They look great Pete ! Don't let your Mum see you leaning your bike on her car though , she will go mad !

Lol, now I know you would presume that cars an older lady's car and therefore think is my mum but unfortunately that beastly Nissan micra is mine.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
looking advice from u experts out there; im a cycling novice enjoying club runs and sportives! Im thinking of upgrading the wheels on my giant tcr; im not doing time trials but would like to go faster like everyone! are these 50 mm chinese carbons only rubbish or ok for me (they do look cool;-)) 300 quid is my budget; would i be better with 35mm or mavic kyseriums????
“Don’t buy upgrades, ride up grades.” Eddy Merckx
Or, if you just want to look cool.....

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Went out on them in the wet and on bumpy roads, They do feel faster, If it was not for traffic and lights then the ride would have been an average 21-22 mph.

Seem to cope well, Im not 100% confident on them yet but this will take some time.

Im very happy so far, going to give them a blast on a hill climb race tonight.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
I have noticed about 1mm of lateral movement coming from the rear hub.
For example if I take hold of the wheel rim at the top of the wheel between my index finger and thumb then push and pull the wheel left and right and look at the gap between the brake pad and the wheel rim it easily moves 1mm either side easy before you feel any resistance. Obviously if I push hard enough I could push it to touch the brake pad surface but I’m not talking about force, just a small wiggling it left to right.
Is this normal?

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
I have noticed about 1mm of lateral movement coming from the rear hub.
For example if I take hold of the wheel rim at the top of the wheel between my index finger and thumb then push and pull the wheel left and right and look at the gap between the brake pad and the wheel rim it easily moves 1mm either side easy before you feel any resistance. Obviously if I push hard enough I could push it to touch the brake pad surface but I’m not talking about force, just a small wiggling it left to right.
Is this normal?

My Planet X 50mm tubs do that - as long as it's smooth movement (with a little resistance) rather than a clunky/very loose movement, they'll be fine. I slacken my rear brakes off to account for this.

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
Group ride tomorrow with mine on. Albeit only the front... Rear bontrager xxx lite hasn't arrived yet. Is it wrong to have a 50mm on the front only?

Top Bottom