chinese carbon wheels???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
There is always a risk of further charges when buying from overseas. I got stung on a pair of trousers from the United States, extras were about 50% of the original cost iirc. I've had it with CDs before too. Probably still be cheaper than buying from the uk, although you don't get the consumer protection of course.

Have you contacted them to ask what is happening? Customer services?

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
There is always a risk of further charges when buying from overseas. I got stung on a pair of trousers from the United States, extras were about 50% of the original cost iirc. I've had it with CDs before too. Probably still be cheaper than buying from the uk, although you don't get the consumer protection of course.

Have you contacted them to ask what is happening? Customer services?

Sat on the phone waiting to talk to someone for 10 mins then gave up, sent them an email last week. nothing.

vickster

Legendary Member
Think you may need more than 10 minutes. I expect a single parcel to an individual isn't a priority compared to business customers. You'll need to pay the extra over the phone or go to the depot, they won't deliver until the bill is settled

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
It doesn't always cost that much. The calculation is based on the suspected value of the item and the declaration by the vendor as to he value of the item. I bought a carbon frame and the tax was less than the £18 courier handling fee. I did have to go to Stoke to pick it up from a bonded warehouse though.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Wheels are still sat in customs, I spoke to Parcelforce today and they said Customs have the wheels for investigation.

I also received an email from my intial enquiry to ParcelForce and they are requesting the following information

Parcel number
  • The senders name, address and telephone number
  • The recipient's name, address and telephone number (A search cannot be initiated without the recipients telephone number)
  • Description of contents
  • Value of item

Now im going though some emails to Yushin and find this comment "We will declare it as sample with low value in custom invoice. Normally, the tax you pay will be a little."

At the time I didnt really understand what this was, see I was asking things like this;

"No, I have never offered the bill of credit to customs.
I do not know what this is or what to do."

Will I get myself in the shoot if I now tell them the value of the item when Yushin said the item was a sample.

BSRU

A Human Being
Just phoned again £30.76, not so bad, but I cannot pay till tomorrow because blar blar blar..............
When ever I have ordered a rear light from Dinotte in the US, VAT and post office charges come to about £45.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
DSC_0001.jpg
DSC_0002.jpg
DSC_0003.jpg
DSC_0004.jpg

Top Bottom