chinese carbon wheels???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nuttall1991

Yishun 23mm wide 38mm Carbon Tubular
http://www.shop-yishunbike.com/whee...rlite-straight-pull-road-carbon-wheels-sl-38t
$469.00
Weight:1191±30g per pair
240°C 3K Brake Surface
High modulus Carbon Fibre Reinforcement Strip
High spoke force of 300kgf

121g Heaver than the lightest Far Sports Version but look a strong, better rim but some how $103 cheaper.
What a find! These are too tempting...

I dip in and out of this thread and there appears to be one glaring omission when it comes to wheels, quite apart from the idea that when a wheelset from China advertises the weight as 1200g everyone takes that as gospel, it is a bit like the lumens claimed with their lights. I digress, it does not matter a hoot how deep the rims are, how light the wheels are if the hubs are rubbish. I have some rims on one of my bikes that are traditional, no depth to them at all and I have been on club runs where someone will have a 50 mm deep wheelset on [non branded] and I will pull away from them on downhills even though our weight is similar.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
I dip in and out of this thread and there appears to be one glaring omission when it comes to wheels, quite apart from the idea that when a wheelset from China advertises the weight as 1200g everyone takes that as gospel, it is a bit like the lumens claimed with their lights. I digress, it does not matter a hoot how deep the rims are, how light the wheels are if the hubs are rubbish. I have some rims on one of my bikes that are traditional, no depth to them at all and I have been on club runs where someone will have a 50 mm deep wheelset on [non branded] and I will pull away from them on downhills even though our weight is similar.

I don’t think you can compare these wheels to yours based on the fact you rolled down a hill faster than someone on 50mm Wheels one day on a club run.
Joking aside I know the aero advantages are going to be minimal, I read that these straight pull carbon wheels are stiffer and help with power transfer sprinting, and also they are lighter and should defiantly feel the difference on climbs.
All in all after weeks of reading different reviews and forums I will be buying these from Yishun.

Matthew gleeson

Good point, im off to look for reviews!!!!
Let me know how you get on as I'm thinking of putting a set on a container of furniture in order to avoid duties and shipping costs.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
So I finally got the following, Yay!!!

Yishun 50mm carbon Tubular Wheelset.
Shimano 105 5700 10 Speed Cassette 11-28 Silver
Continental Tube of Tubular Cement / Glue Carbon Rims version
Vittoria Removable Valve 80mm Red
Vittoria Corsa CX III Tubular Road Tyre 28 (700) x 23c Black

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Can anyone recomend tubular tyres, Just about to send back the Vittoria Corsa CX III because the both leak air from the base of the valves, how bad is that!

Top Bottom