Chinese kit on eBay?

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by jifdave, 7 Aug 2012.

1. jifdave

jifdave rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast

Anyone else a tight arse and not like spending £100 on team sky kit?

Thinking of getting a set from china off eBay anyone got experience?

2. Spartak

Spartak Powered by M&M's

Bought a Belgian National Jersey last year from a Chinese supplier - possibly 'cheapcyclejersey.com'.
    Cost approx £20 inc postage !!!
    Excellent value for money, have washed it several times and still in good condition.

3. Octet

Octet Über Member

One thing I don't understand, and forgive me if this is a newbie question, but why buy a Sky kit (of which the money would go to Sky) so that you can advertise Sky when you aren't sponsored by them?

Or are you?
    Just seems like you're paying them to do their work?

4. aJohnson

aJohnson Senior Member

You could compare it to wearing a football team t-shirt.

5. OP
    OP
    jifdave

jifdave rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast

It's because it's a British team and I support Britain.
    I don't get the cycling attitude, if I were to play footie in team kit no one would question it.

May well get a gb kit but only cause it will look better with my bike.

6. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

7. frayBentos59

frayBentos59 Specialized OCD

.I've bought a couple of kits off eBay and ended up paying again for the real deal in the end. The two black jerseys look more brown than black and the shorts are just ridiculous, too small or too short in the leg. That's from 2 different sellers but there's another thread on here where people have said they're happy. Just pot luck I guess.
    Plus don't be afraid to wear whatever jersey you want. Show your allegiance and support.

8. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

wear what you like and like what you wear ,if anyone doesnt like it then thats their problem:smile:

frayBentos59 and Raging Squirrel like this.
  9. Octet

Octet Über Member

I think it is a nice design, just didn't realise that people purchased team kits... but the football analogy makes sense :thumbsup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice