Chocolate Milk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Good Lord, how positively common! :biggrin:

Ahhhhh shut up.:laugh:It tastes better when you drink it from the bowl. Everyone knows that :whistle:

I love chocolate milk. It's not uncommon for me to get a strong craving for it at the end of my morning commute; a quick pop into the local Spar for one of those big bottles of Yazoo chocolate milk before getting into work & I'm as happy as a pig in muck ^_^

Hyslop

Veteran
Co-op Chocolate Milk for me,tried Sainos but it was just awful,tasted metallic and I think the bottle had some sort of morally improving homily on the side.Ruined the ride really.

Heifer73

I love Asda Vanilla milkshake, not drank in connection with cycling, usually just have milk or smoothie. I wish you could get nesquick vanilla flavour.

AndyWilliams

Über Member
I have just bought this. Dairy free, coconut chocolate milk. Not tried it yet.

554831b_zps2130ac72.jpg

edindave

Über Member
Ran home from work today, then had a bottle of Frijj 'Chocolate Fudge Brownie'

It was well-deserved, with that heat/humidity

And, to top it all, the Co-Op is promoting Frijj at 65p per bottle at the moment:hyper:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUHxsQjF6wYr2zwLsdsu8V7XZ9Yd3beq6LXoZaLsdY6bRo1h0amA.jpg

10527693_735106943202443_2205224436449609075_n-2.jpg

Maybe the sugar rush has you going :hyper:

sheffgirl

I'm addicted to chocolate milk. My new thing though, is a banana smoothie with milk and Nesquik chocolate powder. Chocolate milk, but with added banana goodness :smile:

montage

God Almighty
Banana flavour Frijj drink with 2 scoops of protein powder is my favourite post ride recovery drink.

You probably poop out those two scoops the next time you visit the loo - a balanced diet already has more protein than your body can use. Carbs are far more important than protein follow intensive exercise, a fact that is overlooked by many. Frijj drinks are certainly not doing your body any favours - it's a tasty unhealthy snack not a recovery drink!

montage

God Almighty
A bowl of pasta or a balanced meal ten times outweighs chocolate milk in terms of recovery - in fact, very few people will actually see the benefits of a recovery drink in their riding, the most common outcome is that you'll struggle to lose weight as easily. The only time it's really necessary is when your body is extremely depleted from a long hard ride and you need a quick stopgap between the end of your ride and a meal, other than that it's just an excuse to snack (and an excuse that is harmful towards many people who are aiming to lose weight as their primary goal!)

Top Bottom