Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorenzo

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brett

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brock

I've come across two Michael Hunts in my time, can't believe parents could be so thoughtless.
Elliot just reminds me of E.T. and would be shortened to Elly, so I'll have to vote for luke as the best of a bad list.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
If they want a trendy name, just pick an Irish or Scottish surname (leaving off the O' or Mc or Mac). i.e. Connor, Tavish, Donald (er...perhaps that disnae wurrrk) or Murphy...you get the idea...go Celtic, that's where it's at.:wacko:

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
andyoxon said:
I like Luke. It also can't be shortened, OK... well "Lu" is pretty unlikely. :wacko:

Have a look at this:
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/naming/topnames2004/#2

Top 10...
# Jack
# Joshua
# Thomas
# James
# Daniel
# Samuel
# Oliver
# William
# Benjamin
# Joseph

Luke is at no.15

Andy

Somebody's already noted how biblical that list is. Also a bit Norman-French. Definitely not good.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Alan Frame said:
I always think that you have to look at the first name in conjunction with the last one, the old Ben Dover, Hugh Jarse, Mike Hunt syndrome.

There is a kid in my son's class who I hadn't ever seen a problem with his name till my son wrote his name on a Christmas card: To Ben t (with no full stop or space between the name and first initial of the surname).

As for the names ... I go with Rueben but I'm someone who went out of my way to pick kids names that weren't in the top 50 list, but not outragous either. As someone who see's loads of kid's their names are becoming more strange by the year I think, I've come across: Rocky, Cheyanne, Charleigh etc. It will probably get to the point when the normal ones will think why didn't my parents name me like that!!!

Arch

Married to Night Train
OT a bit, a friend of mine was telling the story the other day of a child who was being taught by a friend of his. Asked his name, the boy said "Goo-ey". Thinking this was unusual, the teacher checked again, to be told "Goo-ey" again. "How do you spell that?"

"G-U-Y..."

NO one had thought to point out to the child, or parents that they were pronouncing his name wrong, for five years.... And the parents had CHOSEN to call him Goo-ey!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Arch said:
OT a bit, a friend of mine was telling the story the other day of a child who was being taught by a friend of his. Asked his name, the boy said "Goo-ey". Thinking this was unusual, the teacher checked again, to be told "Goo-ey" again. "How do you spell that?"

"G-U-Y..."

NO one had thought to point out to the child, or parents that they were pronouncing his name wrong, for five years.... And the parents had CHOSEN to call him Goo-ey!
Are they Spanish by any chance? That's how it would be pronounced en Espanol...

Top Bottom