Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorenzo

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brett

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Andy in Sig said:
Somebody's already noted how biblical that list is. Also a bit Norman-French. Definitely not good.

AiS, Norman - French...?

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Growing up in Liverpool, kids' names invariably got shortened and an "ee" sound added at the end (e.g. Chris > Chrissy).

Therefore I suggest immediately ignoring the following:
Ruby
Elly
Cassy
Rocky (though if the parents are happy with the name Rocco I doubt they'd mind Rocky)

Haydon or Lewis would probably condemn the kid to a life of spelling their name out over the phone (or indeed getting confused with a popular brand of kettles and toasters...)

Out of the remaining names, I reckon Miles Anderson could work quite nicely. I can imagine him having a long and happy career as a jazz muso...

gavintc

Guru
Arch said:
OT a bit, a friend of mine was telling the story the other day of a child who was being taught by a friend of his. Asked his name, the boy said "Goo-ey". Thinking this was unusual, the teacher checked again, to be told "Goo-ey" again. "How do you spell that?"

"G-U-Y..."

NO one had thought to point out to the child, or parents that they were pronouncing his name wrong, for five years.... And the parents had CHOSEN to call him Goo-ey!

My brother was telling me about a woman he worked for recently. Her name name was Yvonne, but she pronounced it Y-Vonne emphasising the Y.

Top Bottom