Choosing a hybrid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
crdf

crdf

How about returning the bike, distance selling regs, you have 7 days (or maybe longer) by law. Check CS's own T&Cs

21 days no quibble returns apparently, there's a number to call too for head office

http://www.cyclesurgery.com/terms-and-conditions/content/fcp-content#returned-goods

Don't do anything else to the bike in the meantime

I will wait today to see what the other shop says. If there is a mechanical problem and I might as well return it as I'm not sure I WANT to deal with them any longer.(I don't have the packaging, but I will buy a f***ing box if I have to! I'm going to have a fit!)

There is another shop that I think has that bike.

Yes, that is the phone I've been calling. The bike is being rebuild. There might not be a problem with the bar, who knows.

vickster

Legendary Member
I would have lost confidence in the bike and the retailer and returned / swapped it, but that's up to you

I would most certainly buy from Pearsons over CS, they are top notch (been around for over 150 years, not the current staff obviously :biggrin: )

OP
OP
crdf

crdf

I would have lost confidence in the bike and the retailer and returned / swapped it, but that's up to you

I would most certainly buy from Pearsons over CS, they are top notch (been around for over 150 years, not the current staff obviously :biggrin: )

I have lost complete confidence and trust. I will make my decision after I get the bike from the other shop. If they advise me to return it, or if there is a mechanical problem, I will return it. I'm just hoping they accept it despite the box missing. I don't want to deal with them ever again. I never expected a bike service can be SO bad!

vickster

Legendary Member
Write a strongly worded letter to their head of customer service, send recorded

Is it another LBS looking at it? Other than the poor set up & forgotten pedals, what was wrong with the bike? What is this about the handlebar?

OP
OP
crdf

crdf

Write a strongly worded letter to their head of customer service, send recorded

Is it another LBS looking at it? Other than the poor set up & forgotten pedals, what was wrong with the bike? What is this about the handlebar?

I wrote an email. I will to your advice send it by post office as well.

The bar sits at an angle to the stem. At first I thought I didn't tighten the bolts correctly, but I was told it shouldn't be at an angle. I was told it might be the bar or the headset.

Yes it is another LBS looking at it. I don't trust CS to asses the bike. If the bike is fine and properly set up I will just not deal with CS any more. If there is a problem I will return it, tomorrow. I hope the missing box is not an issue.

OP
OP
crdf

crdf

CS thinks I'm an idiot, they keep trying to bullshit me that the bike was set up. I got it yesterday from my LBS and they had to to fix the tension in the spokes and re-tune it, fix the stem which was BENT, and something else. I could feel the difference in the bike afterwards. CS seem to prefer to except a return then to deal with me, which I'm not doing since it all got fixed. Will be writing a letter of complaint. I really don't understand how come they don't understand the extend of the problem. What if I was stupid enough to believe them and got with not working breaks on the street. Am I overreacting?

OP
OP
crdf

crdf

Ask them for a new stem asap. How on earth was it bent, they are pretty solid?!

Not sure but that is the reason the bas was at an angle. They will not agree to exchange it. It seems I will have to simply return it.

vickster

Legendary Member
If you like the bike and are ok with it knowing what's happened, keep it

Otherwise, send it back and get a non-black non-Specialized model elsewhere ;)

OP
OP
crdf

crdf

Otherwise, send it back and get a non-black non-Specialized model elsewhere ;)

I like the bike, I don't like what happened and I want to have nothing to do with CS.
Why non-specialized? I'm just a bit exhausted with looking for a bike and dealing with this, but what would you recommend?

Edit: I might just get the same from Pearsons.

Batgirl

In Disguise!
Goodness what a read this thread is. There was I liking the posts about support and new bike.. only for it to go all wrong.
Hope you can get it sorted. I'd be tempted to return n' walk away to a new shop with my money I must admit, but hopefully it's set up right now.

OP
OP
crdf

crdf

My lbs, not Cycle surrey, has set it up, bit i am tempted to return it. It seems they prefer I return it, then to deal with me. I'm still thinking about it.

Top Bottom