Choosing an optician

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
SpecSavers and Boots for me. I went to a boutique indy once and it reminded me of going into Itsu instead of Pret.

I might give Tesco a try next (not sure if they test or just sell though).

vickster

Legendary Member
SpecSavers and Boots for me. I went to a boutique indy once and it reminded me of going into Itsu instead of Pret.

I might give Tesco a try next (not sure if they test or just sell though).
Tesco opticians got bought out by Vision Express

vickster

Legendary Member
That word was like a trigger to my old woodwork teacher, who was a devout chapel-goer of some denomination.
"Hale, do you really want God to blind you?" he would roar.
Maybe I'm now finding out that he was onto something after all.
Was his name Joseph perchance?

Levo-Lon

Guru
I have to use the hospital, 3 visits every 3 months to decide on strenght of prism then off to Specsavers for the rest, no complaints at all over service.

My wife has similar problems with her thyroid eye disease ,very complex prescription.
Its has to be perfect or she cant focus.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Tesco opticians got bought out by Vision Express

Tesco opticians were worse that Specsavers in my experience, although this was before they were taken over.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Any old optician offering free tests, and then clutching my prescription I head to eBay to buy frames and then online for a reglaze.

Best value for variobimbles at the moment is Asda opticians BTW.

OP
OP
robjh

robjh

Legendary Member
Thanks to all who've replied to this thread. It leads me to think I needn't worry too much about the different types of optician. Some of the lower-cost chains may, just sometimes, do a less good job, but most people come way quite happy with the service they got.

Now where were those reading glasses.....?

Top Bottom