Choosing/buying a new bathroom suite

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I sometimes think on this subject there is very little in quality difference but a lot in price difference. Sorry that I cannot help more, we used Victoria Plumbing with no problems, so had no need to find out about customer service.

Its all chipboard init.

Tho you can get quality hinges and finish

keithmac

Guru
One of our customers works for a plumbers merchants, they were getting sinks in at £1 each including delivery!.

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks Keithmac
Steel bath here, don't like plastic ones and I needed an odd shape. Mine is the Kaldewei brand and still looks new after 10 years of daily use (other than the chip where I dropped the heavy metal plug :sad: ) Sottini loo and basin, again look good after 10 years with hard water

Heigue'r

Veteran
Gerberit for cistern
Hansgrohe for fittings
Duravit
Sink and pan of your choice really
Matki for shower tray/enclosure

The company I work for offer a 10 year warranty on all works,If you want to use other bathroom products,the 10 year warranty does not apply to the bathroom fittings.

Last edited:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Gerberit for cistern
Hansgrohe for fittings
Duravit
Sink and pan of your choice really
Matki for shower tray/enclosure

The company I work for offer a 10 year warranty on all works,If you want to use other bathroom products,the 10 year warranty does not apply to the bathroom fittings.
Tick for the Hansgrohe (well, Axor which is the same aiui) and Gerberit for us. Wish I'd have gone for slightly better than Crosswater (iirc) for the trifold bath shower screen

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've done a few bathrooms, and one of the lessons that I learned is this...….

…..don't buy expensive looking "no-name" taps and shower fittings from on-line suppliers. Quite a few of them are utter crooks, despite their impressive websites.

Edit: BTW, Grohe showers are OK but I wouldn't touch Mira.
Also, stay well clear of Stuart Turner shower pumps.
Make sure that the shower mixer is matched to your available water pressure. Not a lot of plumbers seem to be able to understand this.

Last edited:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Have a look at Laufen sanitaryware; we have their Compact Pro wall-hung WC pans in the house, for ease of cleaning because the WCs stank of urine when we bought the house: https://www.just-laufen.co.uk/82095...pan-for-concealed-cistern---820952-1494-p.asp

We have these with Geberit concealed cisterns, which are easy to service.

Since a standard WC pan is unsuitable for men and boys to use standing up because of urine splashes, we also have a Laufen Casa home urinal in the downstairs WC, which comes with an aiming fly in the glaze: http://www.export.laufen.com/en/products/product-finder/urinals/urinal/casa/840141

OP
OP
S

Skibird

Thanks again everyone.Electric Andy. Their customer service was great UNTIL things started going wrong with the showers and taps. If you saw my email communication with them you would find them unbelievable.

colly

Re member eR
A few years ago we ordered a bathroom from Bathstore. We had it fitted for us rather than using their fitters.
It seemed, at the time, a good balance between cost and quality. 7 years later it still looks good and is going strong. (as it should be of course) We did have an issue with the soft close on the toilet seat but it was replaced under warranty even though it was a long time past the cut off date.

Top Bottom