Choosing GCSE's (for my daughter)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

emab

To be frank, in GCSEs all you want to really do is get alright grades to set you up for A-levels. Of course often the best way to get a good grade is to do subjects that you enjoy and likely to work at. There is no real kudos to any subjects at this level, so i say let your daughter choose.
Although i would say that art seems to mean lots of work, and can often detract from other subjects.

(sorry if i'm repeating on what anyone has said but i can't be bothered to read all the posts)

roadiewill

Joe24 said:
Why?
Why not answer the question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadiewill View Post
What you doing this year kovu, Im in the same year as you.
I really dont see the point in doing 4 or more at A2, unis dont even look for more than 3.
Did you hear about that pakistani girl though who go 22 A's at a-level??
Does it matter where she is from? Why cant you just put, the girl that got 22 A's at A-Level?

almost forgot about the question
I dont see the problem...
I bet if I had said 'did you hear about that scottish girl who got 22 A's' you wouldnt of moaned.
Its only the word 'pakistani' which you instantly interpreted as being a racist comment. This seems odd as believe it or not, a person from Pakistan is a Pakistani...

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
roadiewill said:
almost forgot about the question
I dont see the problem...
I bet if I had said 'did you hear about that scottish girl who got 22 A's' you wouldnt of moaned.
Its only the word 'pakistani' which you instantly interpreted as being a racist comment. This seems odd as believe it or not, a person from Pakistan is a Pakistani...

OOOOOHHHH, you just get more offencive.
Whats so important about her being Scottish? Are you saying that because shes Scottish, its some sort of miricle, because all Scottish people are dumb?
Is that what your saying?

Radius

SHREDDER
You two aren't really helping the OP, what's the point in stealing someone's thread by having petty (and non existent) arguments?

Joe24

Radius said:
You two aren't really helping the OP, what's the point in stealing someone's thread by having petty (and non existent) arguments?

;):rolleyes::biggrin::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Why are you commenting, you just know you will end up joining in.
Or is that what you want?

Radius

SHREDDER
I'm not going to join in, I've made my contribution to this thread, about the original post, and now I'm saying I think you're being a bit inconsiderate...

Joe24

Radius said:
I'm not going to join in, I've made my contribution to this thread, about the original post, and now I'm saying I think you're being a bit inconsiderate...

See, you just joined in
;)
You know if you didnt say anything it would be over by now.
Or were you just wanting to back your little friend up?

Kovu

Über Member
Joe24 said:
No, it makes her more pale and pasty;) And more strange;)
I feel sorry for her being Scottish

:laugh:

Joe how dare you single out the Scottish!!!! :biggrin::angry: That's very foolish of you, but aww wells, least she isn't welsh! :biggrin:

And you tried Radius :biggrin:

Joe24

Kovu said:
Joe how dare you single out the Scottish!!!! :biggrin::laugh: That's very foolish of you, but aww wells, least she isn't welsh! :biggrin:

And you tried Radius :angry:

Sorry, you are also pale and strange, like the scottish;)
Radius failed badly

Top Bottom