Chopin's Nocturne op.27 nr.2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
wafflycat said:
OOOH, Debussy...

One of my favourite ever albums is one of various Debussy bits 'Snowflakes are Dancing' done electronically by Japanese artist, Tomita. I listened to the original vinyl recording in the seventies...

Got those. He did a version of Debussy's Arabesque which, IMHO captured the mood of the piece perfectly.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Flying_Monkey said:
And one of the most sublime moments of my life was hearing a completely mad but awesomely talented friend of mine playing one of Chopin's Nocturnes in a completely deserted chapel in one of the Oxford colleges... it was, as Gary says, a justification in itself for the existence of humanity.

That had just triggered one of my supreme memories:tongue:
About 5 yrs ago i was walking around Wallington Hall, a national trust property in Northumberland, it was a quiet sunny midweek day and the place was nearly deserted... in the main hall one of the curators/muscians was tuning up the piano he started playing excerpts from Debussys childrens corner....the echo resonance sound quality was incredible..the hairs on the back of my neck stood up as i walked around admiring the paintings but lost in another world only then did i really appreciate how incredibly powerful and reverential music must have been before the recording age- and how privilidged we are now

Top Bottom