Chosing the right Thorn Sherpa frame size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xipe

*choosing

I'm looking to buy a Thorn Sherpa frame to build up during the winter, but am unsure of which size to order since they're very uncommon in Sweden which precludes me from going to an LBS and test riding one.

My current bike (Stevens CX) is 54 cm but on the verge of being a little bit too small, a 56 cm would probably have been a better fit. I am 184 cm tall and if I remember correctly my inseam is ~86 cm.

The Sherpa I am envisioning building would be fit with 26" wheels and have drops. So, I'm thinking the 560S (short) frame? Or would I be better served with a long frame? Like the 535L? Their S/L/XL differences are a bit confusing to me.

Any suggestions and information highly appreciated!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Hi and :welcome:
You're more likely to get an accurate answer on the SJS forum, or by emailing St John St Cycles directly - thorn@sjscycles.com

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Well, I didn't think it was fair or friendly to say to tell someone that their intended new bike is...aesthetically challenged, to say the least.
Thorns may well be fantastic touring bikes, for all I know.

They are fugly, though, IMHO.

Well, I didn't think it was fair or friendly to say to tell someone that their intended new bike is...aesthetically challenged, to say the least.
Thorns may well be fantastic touring bikes, for all I know.

They are fugly, though, IMHO.

Me and mrs d have had ours about four years, love them. Ok not the prettiest bike out there but they really do the job they're designed for.

As for sizing, talk to SJS, they're very helpfull.

Top Bottom