Chris Froome to target 7 tour de france titles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
have to be honest in that i cant take to froomey, just dont like his riding style and those stupid glasses.

i do like watching the way ritchie port rides tho and the i'm a huge fan of the boss too ( bosan hagen)

Hont

Guru
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/22957697

"I'm 28 and for the next six or seven years my goal is to try to fight for the yellow jersey," he said. "If I can win it once I would be chuffed to bits".

yello

have to be honest in that i cant take to froomey

Me neither. It leaves me in a rather paradoxical position tbh. I'll not be concerned if he doesn't achieve his objective but I'll be keen to see Richie Porte do well, let me put it that way.

lukesdad

Me neither. It leaves me in a rather paradoxical position tbh. I'll not be concerned if he doesn't achieve his objective but I'll be keen to see Richie Porte do well, let me put it that way.
I like to see Richie P doing well and so far he's not disappointing

(Still can't find the feckin smilies on me iPod )

oldroadman

Veteran
I like to see Richie P doing well and so far he's not disappointing

(Still can't find the feckin smilies on me iPod )

Richie is a genuine good guy, as asset in a team and probably capable of a GT win given the right route and leadership responsibility. Chris is just a bit quieter, and has learned a lot in the past few seasons, to emerge where he is now. It's a really tough thing to be a favourite for the world's most famous race, not just the racing, but constant media pressure, knowing the slightest slip will be pounced on, either on the road or in the press room. That quietness will serve him well, I hope.

I'm flattered LD and I won't pretend otherwise!:wub:
Hang on, Cav's joined Argos Shimano and you've joined Sky? And this all happened the night before last?

Isla Valassi

Veteran
Froome's passport is as British as Wiggins' certainly. But Wiggins spent a good part of his childhood riding around the streets of north London and, with his retro Mod tastes, accent, etc, clearly displays the cultural ''imprints'' of Britishness, which make him seem familiar, recognisable. While he had no choice about moving to the UK, living and settling here was his choice before anyone had ever heard of Brad the cyclist. The same can't be said about Froome. Even when he's sick, he has to go and catch something exotic like bilharzia.

Perhaps that feeling some of us have that Froome is difficult to warm to is mostly down to a lack of common shared experiences. I can accept him as a formidable and very determined cyclist but not as ''one of us.''

Yes, the difference between Wiggins and Froome is Wiggins has supported the British economy by living most of his life here and paying taxes. Froome is as British as Zola Budd was...a flag of convenience. Would he have been able to reach his full potential under any Kenyan sporting programme? I'll think you'll find that once he eventually moves away from Sky he will no longer be 'British' - in fact I would be interested to know what his response would be if asked 'How does it feel to be one of Britain's top sportsmen?'

Top Bottom