Christmas day ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I was woken up at 4.15 am and i have only really just sat down .

Mike_P

Guru
Went out for an hour this morning, very quite, and bike started an annoying knocking noise from one of the wheels which did not want to occur when I spun them by hand. Only when I got back did I notice a dangling zip tag on the pannier and hope thats all it was. Decided it was too cold investigate in the yard and popped the bike back into the shed for another day.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Just a quick 20 miler this morning following a bacon sarnie breakfast. Roads still soaking wet and covered in tree debris from this week's winds and field run-off from the rain, but it was just good to get out in the sun for a change. Then 5 miles out to mum's for dinner and 5 miles back this evening under clear skies.

Hope to do something similar tomorrow as that's when my sister, niece & nephew come out to mum's.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I was out for an hour this morning. Lovely calm morning, bit more frosty than I'd expected. I'm scared of ice, but there was only one dodgy bit and I didn't come off so no harm done.
Really pleased to get out, it's the first proper ride for weeks - everything else has either been commutes or shopping trips.

albion

Guru
Not quite enough time today and maybe I will regret it.
And tomorrow's opportunity is looking a bit too treacherous here up north.

As I've ordered that Halfords Turbo Trainer, mild weather may well be due from now on.

Puntsdog

Über Member
3 miles out and a puncture! Happy Christmas! Took it in good humour though as I had a feeling it was going to happen. You know how it is on time sensitive dayd when you just want to squeeze a quick ten miles in...

Ian193

Über Member
Hope to get out on Boxing Day for a short ride with my other half need to take bike to my mums to make room for my new one on Sunday

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Never got around to it, I had to assist with Lessons and Carols last night right after work, then came home and made dinner. Today I was too busy in the morning, did a short 10 miles on the trainer, then was waylaid by Beef and Yorkshire Pudding fabulously prepared by Mrs. GA. Should get a bicycle prepared for the New Years' Day Ride, maybe on Saturday.

DRHysted

Guru
The ride home yesterday morning was quite nice (apart from the rain). I was being chased by a lightening storm, so I was plunged from brilliant light (from the flash) to the relative darkness on my headlights.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I overslept and missed my planned ride. I refuse to set the alarm on Xmas day, seems wrong somehow. Went out on my own anyway. More cars and peds than expeceted but still so nice to have a bus and lorry free day.
P1010192Large_zps8d2e0637.jpg
P1010196Large2_zps25ea5e4a.jpg

Attachments

• P1010192Large_zps8d2e0637.jpg
    P1010192Large_zps8d2e0637.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 18
  • P1010196Large2_zps25ea5e4a.jpg
    P1010196Large2_zps25ea5e4a.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 20
Top Bottom