Christmas day ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I am bored to tears. Might go out for a ride in a min.

Gixxerman

Guru
Just got back from a nice 30 miler. Warm enough for shorts, Feet got cold though. Roads reasonably quiet. Didn't see another cyclist. Still got a few close passes, so the "goodwill to all men" element was not universally evident. I few walkers / peds expressing looks and words of disbelief of someone cycling on christmas morning in shorts. One even asking me if "I was mad?". Saw a stoat.

Just back from a +40 miler. plenty of ice around this morning in this neck of the woods :sun: including one road closed by the police after the 4th accident in the same place before midday! Thankfully/luckily we talked our way through and to be honest, we had already cycled much worse earlier on in the ride. Lunch - jam sandwiches & peppermint tea at a motorway services and then onwards. Only started to spit with rain towards the end, but nothing much and didn't get wet. Now to eat the Christmas cake we didn't eat at the motorway services (OK, I confess it services an A road as well and we got in that way - but it had chairs and a table we could sit at!)

http://www.strava.com/activities/101844103

Twelve Spokes

Time to say goodbye again...
Nope,im saving myself for my commutes on the 29th,30th and 31st.Anyway last nights commute back was horrendous enough.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
After yesterday's spinning class a bit of a cold started.... I woke today feeling a bit rubbish.
Today I went out at 11 o'clock, bright sunshine, got 500yds and returned home for a better coat. Went out again, got just over 1 mile and I was struggling breathing going up a slight rise. Not long after this I got myself a rear puncture......... Although I had kit on me I rang the missus and got picked up. Fixed the bike in the garage.

Then I gave up!

So, which lucky people managed to get out for a spin today - I would`ve gone except for the fact that when i was out with the dog this morning, I nearly got blown off my feet - didnt fanct trying that on the bike. And now it has calmed down, i`ve had one or two too many sherbets to risk it lol. Hope everyone had a great Xmas - bike sale starts on Fri!!

Top Bottom