Christmas day ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ClaireSaud

Veteran
Can't wait for Christmas Day. I'm off out on my new bike - hubbie has made me wait 2 weeks...argh the pain!
Here is she
image.jpg
image.jpg

yep - will be off out with an equally mad OH... not sure if we are doing a 40, 50 or 60 miler yet, but Christmas Day lunch will probably be in a rural railway station (for shelter) same as last year.... Otherwise we are cycling over to Failsworth to see his parents which will be a +70 miler from here. Will be out from first light until well after dark I suspect! Boxing Day is rumoured to be out on out mtb's somewhere.... 27th (our wedding anniversary) we will also be out... weather being vaguely permitting that is... (I'm cycling back out to my parents' home tomorrow (yet again) to help them out so its about time I saw my in-laws...)

young Ed

Veteran
yep - will be off out with an equally mad OH... not sure if we are doing a 40, 50 or 60 miler yet, but Christmas Day lunch will probably be in a rural railway station (for shelter) same as last year.... Otherwise we are cycling over to Failsworth to see his parents which will be a +70 miler from here. Will be out from first light until well after dark I suspect! Boxing Day is rumoured to be out on out mtb's somewhere.... 27th (our wedding anniversary) we will also be out... weather being vaguely permitting that is... (I'm cycling back out to my parents' home tomorrow (yet again) to help them out so its about time I saw my in-laws...)
my god lucky you pedaling for a week odd all over the place! :biggrin: nice christmas dinner! all of us jealous on here! :tongue:
Cheers Ed

my god lucky you pedaling for a week odd all over the place! :biggrin: nice christmas dinner! all of us jealous on here! :tongue:
Cheers Ed
just burnt Christmas day dinner - having another attempt. my OH asked for my vegan pate for the sandwiches... managed to burn butter beans by letting them boil dry. (I'm vegetarian but allergic to all dairy products, so effectively vegan + eggs & honey). I have a back up plan - the Christmas cake (homemade) is a solid slab of fruit & nuts which is great for cycling after eating, just not so great for the person carrying the cake :whistle:. :laugh:
Haven't made my birthday cake yet - thinking on a chocolate sponge one, dairy free but the Christmas cake usually lasts through to end of feb, so probably don't really need a birthday cake as well...

young Ed

Veteran
just burnt Christmas day dinner - having another attempt. my OH asked for my vegan pate for the sandwiches... managed to burn butter beans by letting them boil dry. (I'm vegetarian but allergic to all dairy products, so effectively vegan + eggs & honey). I have a back up plan - the Christmas cake (homemade) is a solid slab of fruit & nuts which is great for cycling after eating, just not so great for the person carrying the cake :whistle:. :laugh:
Haven't made my birthday cake yet - thinking on a chocolate sponge one, dairy free but the Christmas cake usually lasts through to end of feb, so probably don't really need a birthday cake as well...
unlucky with being allergic to dairy must have been a pain when cycling part of the world!
oh well ho hum must get on with pedaling life
don't get too down i'm not a great chef my self! :sad:
Cheers Ed

I`m hoping to go out an do my 20 mile loop but it is a tad breezy up here. I reckon with the current tail-wind, the outward 10 miles with take about 10 seconds, the inward 10 miles may take me to next year!

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
New Years is our customary ride day around here. May be a few miles, or a few feet, depending on conditions. I shall endeavor to ride a wee bit on Christmas, though it may be frightful cold.12f.

Last edited:

James10

Just tried going out. Forecast said clouds for the rest of the day with a moderate wind so that's okay... I thought. Took the usual half an hour messing around with all manner of winter paraphernalia before I was ready. Opened the garage door to see that it had just started raining so I waited 5 minutes before it stopped. I left shortly after, presuming it was just a quick shower.

For the first 30 seconds, while whizzing along, I was really pleased that I made the decision to go out on my bike. Just as this thought was reaching it's conclusion in my mind came a deluge of heavy rain which quickly developed into a full-on hailstorm. I arrived back at home 5 minutes later, cold and completely soaked through. I hate the weather, and I won't be going out on Christmas day. :sad:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
So how many of us are riding in the morning, i am going to get out about 8-30 am before they all get up, weather forecast looks good, 20 mile route will do me nice, get back have a nice breakfast then open some pressies, sounds good to me.^_^

Top Bottom