Christmas decorations all ready

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
I am not a big fan of Christmas. I don't trim the house up and I don't have a light display that is visible from space on the front of my home either.
There is a turkey place on the Louth Road and they have just been told to take their countdown ad down. It's been up since '105 days to Christmas'. The locals are all up in arms about it. I am secretly quite pleased.

I drive up and down that road a few times each week, I forgot all about that sign. Are you local to it?

screenman

Legendary Member
We have been out shopping for presents most weekends recently, getting ready give us more time to enjoy the festivities, the social diary is filling up nicely.

Our local garden centre had its Xmas preview night last Thursday. Free prosecco and mince pies.
Unfortunately, we were unable to attend as Mrs Salad was having her hair cut.

Our local supermarket is already groaning under the weight of Christmas tat.

My Christmas decorations remain resolutely in the loft, and will do until a couple of weeks into December, whereupon Mrs S will turn the house into a grotto....

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I drive up and down that road a few times each week, I forgot all about that sign. Are you local to it?
Kind of.
I live just outside Horncastle but work near Louth so I take that road, twice a day. I'm only at that job until the 17th though, it's a temporary job while I get some up to date experience on my CV. The curse of being self employed for 20 years means that apparently, I have no job skills.

screenman

Legendary Member
Kind of.
I live just outside Horncastle but work near Louth so I take that road, twice a day. I'm only at that job until the 17th though, it's a temporary job while I get some up to date experience on my CV. The curse of being self employed for 20 years means that apparently, I have no job skills.

Off topic I know, I swim at Horncastle most mornings. I know the self employed bit, I am on my 42nd year of it, not that I have ever wanted a job.

Drago

Legendary Member
Mine will go up on Christmas eve, and will come down on twelfnight, exactly as they're supposed to.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A house around the corner from us does a big display every year for charity , they have been working on it for about 4 weeks now its about 80% finished , it gets loads of visitors every night and raises quite a lot for the chosen charity

petek

Über Member
This six-weeks past, MrsP and her WI chums have been beavering away making Christmas tree baubels and festive door wreaths for sale on their stall at the Village Christmas Market and Lights Switch on Event.

Top Bottom