Christmas Lights 2017 - Early Sightings...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

perplexed

Guru
I don't know if I can claim the first, but I reckon I have a good punt...

Driving through Ashbourne yesterday I spied my first lot of Christmas decoration/lights...

Anyone else spotted any yet!?

Drago

Legendary Member
August 2017, Thorplands, Northampton.

Hanslope, near Milton Keynes, there's a house where they haven't taken them down for 12 years. They simply switch them off at the end of the season and hope no one notices.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Some of the local authority lights are for other religious festivals as well as Christmas.
The ones in Plumstead high street are in place now for Diwali.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Some people never take them down, they just switch them off and leave them on the roof. Saw some at the weekend - does that count?

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Saw some in January. That was pretty early.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
First Sunday in October the local lights go up. Bradford have had some in place for two months now. Clearly Santa on a sleigh.

Are you in Leeds?

There have been some of the official council ones on lamposts on Great George Street for a couple of weeks now - not turned on, but they're there, ready and waiting...for the first Thursday after Bonfire Night when it's the big switch on. :rolleyes:

classic33

Leg End Member
Are you in Leeds?

There have been some of the official council ones on lamposts on Great George Street for a couple of weeks now - not turned on, but they're there, ready and waiting...for the first Thursday after Bonfire Night when it's the big switch on. :rolleyes:
Used to be in't Halifax in Leeds.

Top Bottom