Christmas Parties

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

green1

Über Member
You don't HAVE to drink. :whistle:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I just decline any and all, and then host something myself for those I've worked closely with and with whom I have a relationship I wish to maintain. The false bonhomie otherwise required is beyond my energies to muster. I've even turned down the Varsity match and an autumn international on the basis that I don't care for the people who have invited me.

I love the ones were you have to order your dinner now. And you think "oh, turkey! I haven't had turkey in a long time. I'll have that."

Then six weeks later, when the meal comes around, it's "OH NO! NO MORE TURKEY. PLEASE NO."

(someone I know under those circumstances decided she liked a different menu choice and just baldly said "I ordered the steak" and took someone else's meal)

Last edited:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I just decline any and all, and then host something myself for those I've worked closely with and with whom I have a relationship I wish to maintain. The false bonhomie otherwise required is beyond my energies to muster. I've even turned down the Varsity match and an autumn international on the basis that I don't care for the people who have invited me.
I was having a discussion with a younger member of staff, about the marketing team, who are endlessly going out for meals and events. The youngster thought this was a great role, but for me i couldn't think of anything worse than spending time away from family at events pretending to be nice to people you dislike. Usually drunk borish men, it is always the usual rent a mob crowd who turn up to these events.
Sales and marketing is not for me.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Can't stand 'em, especially the ones at the football stadium where you share the room with a dozen other groups, with shoot food and shoot beer, followed by shoot music. My wife can go, I'll stay home and cuddle up with our daughter.

Lonestar

Veteran
What the hell is a team luinch? is it one of these posh office things?

I don't work in an orifice so I have no idea what this is about.Some sort of posh I have loads of friends thing?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I was having a discussion with a younger member of staff, about the marketing team, who are endlessly going out for meals and events. The youngster thought this was a great role, but for me i couldn't think of anything worse than spending time away from family at events pretending to be nice to people you dislike. Usually drunk borish men, it is always the usual rent a mob crowd who turn up to these events.
Sales and marketing is not for me.
Irony is I've been invited to a pre Xtmas drinks by a sales guy I last bought something from in 1999, but we've remained friends, and a lunch by a supplier I last did business with in 2014, the founding partners of which I remain mates with.

Otherwise I'd generally rather be at home with tlh.

Top Bottom