Christmas songs you like, but shouldn't be heard before December 24th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SamNichols

mondobongo said:
Forgot all about 'Fairytale' cracking song.

Any song that begins: 'Christmas Eve, in the drunk tank' probably isn't a christmas song in the truest sense of the word. However, it is a brilliant song, and is one of my favourite for the time of year.

Christmas Eve in the Nichols household always involves a Maddy Pryor christmas album for some reason. I hate it, simply because the Boars Head carol is so annoying. If anyone doesn't know it, then the gist is: 'The boars head is a very nice head, we're bringing it in on a tray. Yes it's a head of a boar and we're bringing it in on a tray'

col

Legendary Member
Greg lake and fairytail,both top chrimbo songs,slade and wizard great stuff too.But grag lake is my fave i think.

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
I didn't add Fairy Tale to my list as, as others have said it's an all year round song (the songs I did put down are sustainable for 3 to 5 days !) .
I also like the version by Christy Moore on his 'Live at the Point ' album.
Mind I like most of that album because virtually everywhere he mentions in Eire I've been to.

Richie1964

The Ronettes - Frosty the Snowman.
Doris Day - Let it Snow Let it Snow Let it Snow
Nina - Do You Know How Christmas Trees Are Grown (from the BEST James Bond soundtrack!)

Ah pass me the mulled wine

Arch

Married to Night Train
mondobongo said:
The Power of Love by Frankie goes to Hollywood and a Spaceman came Travelling are my guilty pleasures.

I was fearing I'd be the only one speaking up for A Spaceman...:blush:

twowheelsgood

I don't know why but I love David Bowie and Bing Crosby's version of the little drummer boy.

Odd because I like niether artist and I hated the song at school.

3 wrongs can make a right.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Arch said:
I was fearing I'd be the only one speaking up for A Spaceman...:blush:
Fnaar sort of raises hand, gives a guilty look of admission, then lowers hand. I bought it as a kid.... still sort of like it, even though I know it's twaddle. Fairytale however is just a great song.

Arch

Married to Night Train
The Velvet Curtain said:
NO! <jabs fingers in ears> La La La La La, not listening;)

And Velvet Curtain must too, he's singing the chorus!

mondobongo

Über Member
Like I said guilty pleasures. Once upon a time he did some decent stuff Spanish Train and other stories, then he wrote THAT song and it all went too crap.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
mondobongo said:
Like I said guilty pleasures. Once upon a time he did some decent stuff Spanish Train and other stories, then he wrote THAT song and it all went too crap.
Spanish Train and Other stories is well worth a listen, but LIR :blush:

Top Bottom