Christmas - what are you giving your other half?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
We aren't spending a lot.
I bought my husband a new wedding band as he lost his while packing our loft in the summer.
It's a tungsten carbide ring with a celtic dragon design which he is already wearing as I had to get the size right.
I have also got a few small things I know he'll like; his favourite popcorn from Zaramamas, a sharpener for his razors, chocolate and a couple of photography books.

Tonight he is working (all the holidays in fact!).
So, I have slipped something into his work bag in an envelope marked 'open at mid-night'.
Are you intrigued yet? :laugh:

I recently wrote a song. I was struggling to write the music but finally got that finished last week, so recorded it (not professionally!) and stuck it on a flash drive, set to a slideshow of photos.
Who said romance is dead? :laugh:

Lullabelle

Banana
We don't buy each other gifts, instead we go out for a fancy meal with a bottle of really good wine

stephec

Legendary Member
We don't really buy much anymore.

Although the other day my wife realised she could do with a pair of large over the ear headphones for watching films on her tablet.

Santa might be leaving something under the tree for her. :smile:

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Leggings and a base layer top for her commute, and this....

Rosie-the-Riveter---Women-s-Short-Sleeve-Cycle-Jersey13.jpg

Shes going to love it :smile:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
We don't buy each other Christmas presents as we never really need anything. But we do treat ourselves to something out of the joint account.

I saw yesterday that there is a bike show on in Amsterdam at the end of January and so a long weekend is looking good.

Our Christmas is tonight and we are just leaving to have dinner with 20 family members.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Doseone

Guru
I've got her a few things - to the outsider they would not appear particularly exciting or romantic but they are things that I know she'll love and that she wouldn't have bought for herself. This year I've made a real effort on the wrapping as well, ribbon, bows the works! I'm so excited about tomorrow. We're about to light the fire, break out the drinks and sit down to a game of Monopoly with the kids.

Happy Christmas everyone.

screenman

Legendary Member
Luckily for me I got some shopping in early, as I have not been able to get out to the shops since Friday. She is more excited that I have told her she can have a spend at the sales, so we will make a nice day of that.

She normally does quite well as I enjoy treating her.

stephec

Legendary Member
I've just been reminded that we were supposed to be getting some new fish as our tank's nearly empty.

So she's said we'll be having some of these as a joint present after Christmas.
images-2.jpeg

Top Bottom