Chromecast Dongle for a T.V.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

I'll persevere. I've not really found a decent use for it as yet. I bought it to cast BBC iPlayer but that routinely fails. I can cast the screen but that's laggy and crashes. I can reliably cast from YouTube which, I guess, proves functionality but it's not something I can see myself doing.

I'll check out some of the other apps, maybe something there will appeal.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I use one to cast sufferfest up to the spare room where I have the turbo . The buffering is annoying if you forget to chose a lower quality setting .

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I installed plex on my now tv box but otherthan the history channel, not sure why i bothered, maybe I'm missing something, can you recommend any channels to install....or how to get the best from plex
ps just checked history doesn't play.....

With Plex you need to have a server to go with it. It does not need to be a physical server it could be a laptop or desktop. On that server you could store all your media which Plex then attaches to wherever you have Internet connection. In addition as you have found out you can install other channels to stream content from other sources. One to try would be yiffy.

Top Bottom