Cider

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
[QUOTE 3719032, member: 259"] View attachment 90214 You can't get decent English cider here, only Bulmers and that dreadful Somersby stuff.

The supermaket does a nice dry Normandy cider, though, which is pretty good.

When I was about twenty the preferred Friday night drink was a Crucial Brew and Merrydown snakebite! :ohmy:[/QUOTE]

Mine was, somewhat ashamedly, Holsten Pils & Diamond White snakebite. Many a lost evening to that tipple

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Apologies for the thread resurrection, but I'm having a couple of bottles of cider today.
Not my normal drink, but we had some in and it's certainly warm enough for a few cold bottles.
20190629_183202-COLLAGE.jpg

First up, Stowford Press - very drinkable and nicely smooth with none of the sharp acidity normally present in mass market internationally available ciders. I'd buy this down the pub on a hot sunny day.

Next was Thatcher's Old Rascal - best of the three in my opinion. Medium dry and again well balanced against the acidity but with a bit more body. Very agreeable.

Last of the three is Mr Whitehead's Newton's Discovery, an unfiltered hazy cider, with a notable amount of sediment in the bottle. Drinkable, but not one I'd bother with again.

Top Bottom