Cider

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milo

Guru
Haveing a few quiet ciders in tonight got to much to do tommorow to be going out. Im a fan of gaymers as its more or less made round the corner and quite agreeable any other cider fans here?

barq

Yeah, there is a nice Westons Organic one I get from time to time. Unlike the Strongbows of the world it actually tastes of apples. :ohmy:

OP
OP
M

Milo

Guru
Yea strongbow tastes like fizzy pop and it doesn't seem to have much effect to be honest although its alot stronger than gaymers not sure why that is.
Find westons unleaded a bit sweet tbh the leaded one can be nice though.

Rob S

Very much a fan of Scrumpy Jack....though it's hardly 'scrumpy' as you can quite clearly see through a glass of it!!

Always used to go past the Sheppey Cider Farm near Taunton on my very long rides....hardly ever at a time it was open sadly, but I could at least see their orchards.

Saw and ad on a bus shelter yesterday for a recently introduced pear cider by Bulmers....seems to be a lot more socially acceptable than being seen holding a bottle of Babycham!! :ohmy:

LLB

I have got into Kopparberg Perry lately. Shockingly expensive in the pubs (£4 per bottle), but more sensible in Tescos

OP
OP
M

Milo

Guru
ugh white cider reminds me of being 13 and drinking white lighting in the park (yes im ashamed but i was no yob). electric soup that was.
I think scrumpy jack is white cider comes in the 3L bottle?

Rob S

It's whitish yes....I'm partial to a bit of Dry Blackthorn too.

And on the train home fom Taunton last Saturday I had to have....Diamond White!!! First time in 10 years!!

Rob S

It was that or that poncey overpriced Magners stuff in a glass bottle!!! I genuinely did feel embarrassed to drink it though!!!

OP
OP
M

Milo

Guru
Yea magners is sweet tosh. I think id have waited till i got to the offie to be honest though. That stuff makes me blind so does strongbow for some reason.Cant beat gaymers imho.

longers

Legendary Member
Have you tried the Merrydown Vintage? Not bad for the price.

Weston Press is nice on draught.

Visited Glossop Beer Festival last year for a quick half at lunchtime, discovered they'd run out of bitter and it was only the 6 varieties of cider left.
I woke up on the train in Manchester at about 7.30 ish. Luckily the dog and my shopping were still there.

Top Bottom