Circlips for Disk Brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex H

Legendary Member
Looking at replacing the pads on our Pino. The bolt holding the pads in place has a circlip on the end that looks like these. As they are small enough to lose quit easily, I thought I might get a few spares. Anyone any idea where I might get them and is there a 'proper' name for them?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Which brake system is this? SRAM?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I think that would be called a circlip, but would maybe be a matter of measuring the ID of the clip and the OD of the pin.

I could probably do it fairly accurately off mine (Rival Hyd) for something of a gauge.

OP
OP
Alex H

Alex H

Legendary Member
It is a circlip - but different from the normal as it's folded to enable it to be inserted / removed without tools (hence removing one way of pinging it across the floor:whistle:). The picture i found came from a remote control car site via the search engine and they claim to have invented it. I haven't found anything similar, although normal ones would fit.

OP
OP
Alex H

Alex H

Legendary Member

https://www.redrc.net/2009/11/acorn-racing-innovative-c-clips/

"Acorn Racing have released its new ‘revolutionary’ C-clip design to exceed the expectations for all RC Car enthusiasts around the World. This innovative snap-on concept eliminates the occurrences of flying C-clips as the fitting process merely requires a push-pull action with the use of your fingers removing the need for an extra tool for the fitting process. Moreover, it removes the possibility of plier-shaft contact where damages are commonly found and the chances of C-clips lost due to non-perpendicular insertion is reduced by almost 99%. These C-clips comes in 2 sizes, 4mm and 6mm.Acorn"

:okay:

Top Bottom