Circular bike route web sites

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amac

Hi guys,
We have come back to cycling after a good few years walking (with the dog)
We have done a lot of the local rides now, and I have started going out with the local Cycling UK group, which is all good.

I just wondered if anyone had come across a cycling version of this site we used to use for walking:
http://www.walkingworld.com/home.aspx

This has circular walks all over the country, ranging from a nice stroll to more channelling walks. all with printed or GPS instructions.

I have bought myself a bike roof carrier, and whilst I can use some thing like cycle.travel, its always better if locals have put a ride/walk together.
Also, its really helpful knowing if there is somewhere sensible to park.

Just wondered if anyone had come across anything like wakingworld.com (which if you are a walker as well, I can really recommend)

Hi guys,
We have come back to cycling after a good few years walking (with the dog)
We have done a lot of the local rides now, and I have started going out with the local Cycling UK group, which is all good.

I just wondered if anyone had come across a cycling version of this site we used to use for walking:
http://www.walkingworld.com/home.aspx

This has circular walks all over the country, ranging from a nice stroll to more channelling walks. all with printed or GPS instructions.

I have bought myself a bike roof carrier, and whilst I can use some thing like cycle.travel, its always better if locals have put a ride/walk together.
Also, its really helpful knowing if there is somewhere sensible to park.

Just wondered if anyone had come across anything like wakingworld.com (which if you are a walker as well, I can really recommend)
Hi @Amac
I can recommend https://cycle.travel/. You can put in a start location and finish location (postcode or type the location e.g. "Smith Street, Oldham') and the routing software provides you with the quietest and safest route. You can click 'Paved) if you want to avoid rough or rocky terrain. Also you can click the button for 'Round trip' and that will produce a circular ride. Alternatively, you can simply enter a start point and click 'suggest a ride' . That facility allows you to select a maximum distance for the ride and it will produce some options for circular rides.

It's a fantastic site. Good luck with your cycling and route planning.

OP
OP
A

Amac

Hi there,
Thanks for that, funny enough I am trying one of the rides from there on Sunday.The only bit it’s misses is parking, if your are trying somewhere new.
We will see how Sunday’s ride goes......

OP
OP
A

Amac

Ridewithgps is also good. You can plot your own routes or search for routes other people have made.
Hi ya,
I have not been aware of that site, I will go and have a look.
The good thing about the walkingworld.com site, was knowing you could park somewhere sensible and safety.
As it would be nice to drive 30-60 mins and try new rides.
I guess the way to do it, is pick a town, checking the parking there, then use one of the planning sites.
Thanks for getting back to me,
Cheers

DRM

Guru
You can plan routes on Komoot and also have a look at the Sustrans site, there’s not too many loops, but some out and back rides are on there, with some off road sections along canal towpaths and bridleways

Top Bottom