Citizens’ Wealth Fund

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Prince’s Trust has just surveyed young people, and they’re increasingly miserable about the future.

Elsewhere, UK owns a good chunk of RBS. Sure I read somewhere that could pay out every citizen a one-off sum of £10,000 by 2030.

Why don’t we, as a country, invest in our future, through a citizens’ wealth fund?

Drago

Legendary Member
Because wealthy shareholders don't want to pay for it?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
[QUOTE 5209097, member: 259"]Compare and contrast with what Norway did with its oil money.[/QUOTE]
About $200k per person. Very clever.
But it is useless if you just pay out a one off lump sum. That benefits just a single generation.

OP
OP
Randomnerd

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
About $200k per person. Very clever.
But it is useless if you just pay out a one off lump sum. That benefits just a single generation.
Maybe not. Couldn’t the money be channelled into education, business support, craftsman training etc, to develop a generation that would benefit those to follow? As I understood the figures, a fund might pay out every generation.
This is about a radical change to who owns the wealth, and how it shapes society.

Drago

Legendary Member
Successive governments have frittered away our domestic oil wealth of various rubbish, most of which over time has yielded little tangible return. No government will ever do more than pay lip service to cracking down on serious tax avoidance because the culprits are usually big party donors. The UK has missed the boat on this one, I fear.

Just a small part of the reason I dislike politicians and party politics.

screenman

Legendary Member
Get rid of the ponces and there would be loads of money for people willing to work .

Have you been in the retirement section, that lot do certainly not want to work. Is there enough people out there who really want to work, most people I know would rather not given the choice.

Top Bottom