Citroen Ami

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I am thinking of getting one for my wife as she never drives far, mostly 2 to 10 miles , so that would be ideal for her.
100% electric, top speed of 29 mph and a range of 43 miles. All her driving is urban so she would never run out of juice and save quite a bit on petrol.
Of course, we would both use it for short trips and only use the petrol car for longer journeys.
I think Citroen will start deliveries in the UK next month.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Just googled it, it looks very funky, and relatively affordable.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Looks ideal for urban driving. I'd just see how much it was to insure first. And given the top speed, would you not be worried about A-roads? Also, I'm not sure if it would be allowed on the motorway; would probbaly be allowed on a dual carriageway but I'd not like to risk that. But yes for town only I'd have one if I could afford it (and could afford to run 2 cars; one with more space and speed)

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Be interesting to see what the power was i.e. if it's likely to be slower uphill or whether it has the required torque to nip up a hill at 30 as well

I love that they refer to it as an 'urban mobility object' rather than 'car' and I do get the difference. Is the start of UMO Culture the end of Car Culture?

Tom...

Veteran
Its for city town / urban / driving. Why would you want to 50mph in a 30 mph zone?

the Twizy is getting on for twice the price and has no doors.

Because not all urban driving consists of 30mph zones?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I think we have covered them before. on 5th gear vicki got one on 2 wheels so although the concept is good i think they need a bit more work.Given how most folk these days tend to drive on the brakes about a foot from your bumper a bit more of a crash zone front and rear might help ?

D

Deleted member 1258

They could do with a bit more speed, driving at 28mph round here is likely to result in a queue behind you.

Tom...

Veteran
To clarify, I never condoned or implied the OP should, or wants to, do 50mph in a 30mph zone; this was a figment of T4omo's imagination.

Top Bottom