Citroen Ami

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
LHD only - although this shouldn’t be an issue as you won’t be overtaking anything! Also it only comes with a Euro plug, so you’ll need a UK-suitable cable for granny charging.

The 28 mph limit is a consequence of its categorisation as a quadricycle, not a car. Presumably this means you can drive it at 16 too.

Gwylan

Veteran
Erm, don't tell but I have a name on the list. Have to decide if I want to take a colour pack and some other useless bits.

Just have to get it past the local budget committee. :sad:

The car will never pass anything else.

But, despite the bikes it will go in the garage.:ohmy:

Jody

Stubborn git
Sounds like Mrs V's first car. A Lada Riva. Absolute rubbish here in the Valleys

Today's Fiat Panda / 500 not much better either :whistle:

I remember my old Fiesta and Metros not making it up some hills locally back in the day.

7.5 second 0-23mph in the Ami so doesn't seem too bad on acceleration.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I will test drive one when my local dealer has one. Not worried about A roads as we have a proper car for that. Like I said earlier, it will only be used for urban trips which is all Mrs G does.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
To clarify, I never condoned or implied the OP should, or wants to, do 50mph in a 30mph zone; this was a figment of T4omo's imagination.

My point was its very much aimed at urban roads. Ideal for pootling to the shops / WI / bookies etc and whilst there are the odd 40mph or 50mph road through an urban area, they are avoidable and a tiny minority of the total urban mile-scape. And after all the world doesn't end when we cycle on such road and the odd car gets held up.

the 28mph limit its legislation / classification thing, which should also help keep insurance costs down.
Its not really for me, but I can really see the appeal at that price point and it hopefully it helps the trend of getting more cheaper e "car" solutions out there.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Didn’t get the Abarth model then?

No, we have an aging Panda MK2 999cc.

Surprisingly, there's quite a few 500s around here with the same size engine and all struggle with the same hills we do

There's a bloke down the street who has an Arbarth, but rarely drives it himself these days - not since I congratulated him on having The Loudest girls car in the village.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
No, we have an aging Panda MK2 999cc.

Surprisingly, there's quite a few 500s around here with the same size engine and all struggle with the same hills we do

There's a bloke down the street who has an Arbarth, but rarely drives it himself these days - not since I congratulated him on having The Loudest girls car in the village.

No need to be sexist about things.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
They look cool in Paris, Manchester possibly less so :smile:
……and positively pathetic in Grimsby.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Great to see another alternative to the conventional car. Complemented by a very occasional hire car one of these would probably meet the majority of my neighbour's transport needs, but not their ego needs, possibly.

I'll stick to my pedal bikes!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Rubber bodywork, suicide door (1), back is the same as the front, styled like a toy, 25mph top speed, cheap to run. No tax? What’s not to like?
Would be popular in Yorkshire if it weren’t for the hills.
Perfect runaround if you can stand the pointing and laughing from passing schoolchildren.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Having thought about this again, I really do like the concept. It doesn't go any faster than it really needs to, and doesn't take up more space than it needs to either. And of course it's electric. I had an "idea" years ago which was based around the same thing i.e. instead of huge cars driving around the place, a beefed-up single (or 2) occupancy mobility scooter would fit the bill quite nicely. If only they could go more than 7mph, which of course this one can. On my very rare trips through town, I doubt I go above 30 anyway.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I can see the point of these - in an urban area. Outside of one they become vulnerable and much more limited.

We did have a look at one, but SWMBO's changed jobs and now travels via motorways to a hospital 15 miles away. It's therefore no longer feasible as an option.

Top Bottom