Citroen Ami

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Using "girls" as part of an insult is sexist.

Good job I didn't call him a big girls blouse then.

The last thing I want is to add "sizeist" to my list of charges

I've been looking at one of these for a while. Certainly In France and (here) Belgium they are not classified as a car so can be driven from the age of 14 France and 16 Belgium. I think that, in theory, they can even use the cycle lanes.

The range and speed mean they are designed primarily for urban travel. Here in Brussels there is a 30kph limit on most roads and 50kph on the rest so keeping up with traffic should not be a problem.

The other advantage is that it would give me an excuse to buy a Brompton to ride out and pick it up in the morning after a night out:laugh:

The colour packs and added transfers all seem stupidly overpriced. Could be a niche market there for some personalised transfers...calling @Specialeyes

Cerdic

Ahhh, just a minor detail! No, it’s not. I said it’s what you want, not what you can have!

It doesn’t have Type Approval in the EU, which Britain still aligns with, because it doesn’t meet EU safety requirements. Although I find it hard to believe it is less safe than a Citroen Ami!

Of course, some might argue that the Chinese car is being kept out of Europe thanks to lobbying by the big European car manufacturers. Perish the thought…

Anyway. I agree with the bloke in the vid, this is exactly the sort of basic transport that would benefit our cities.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They look cool in Paris, Manchester possibly less so :smile:

Of course, in Manchester like the rest of the UK you must have the biggest electric monster truck possible. PS 30mph is a plenty in Manchester, even Parkway and Mancunian Way are now 30. Only issue for me, would be the couple of miles on the motorway would be a no go.

These little cars make perfect sense, not your £70k Tesla.

D

Deleted member 1258

You'd be over taking everyone at 28mph round here. Take an hour to drive 9 miles into Manchester, hence why I ride the long route.

That would be true in the rush hour round here in some places, but I rarely drive during rush hour now I'm retired, at other times of day I will sometimes get a queue, get tailgated and overtaken driving around the 30mph legal limit.

Top Bottom