Citroen Ami

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
8.1 KWH for efficiency for that little Chinese car, miles better than a Tesla. We need more cars like this.
Do you mean miles/kWh? If so then yes, that’s pretty frugal. My MINI is currently at around 4.3 (with a/c on and driving ‘normally’). Even if it’s km/kWh it’s still a decent result.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
It is, it could result in dangerous driving, pissed off drivers are likely to do something stupid.

Can't agree. Drivers routinely driving above 30mph in urban areas isc incredibly damaging. Holding them up in a many and varied ways as possible is a societal benefit.

Main point for me is that it is classed as a 'quadricycle' - or something like that - so the safety regs are much lower
Hence it will come ff pretty badly in a serious crash compared to a proper car

Oh - and I would still need a proper car as well - I need to do a 30 miles (each way) trip about one a week and most of it is motorway
would be a good idea on quiet roads where you do a lot of short trips every week

mustang1

Guru
29mph?

But why??? I dont mean that to be a philosophical question, but a technical one, or even legal.

Do you have to not pay some registration fees or some other such thing? Its like e-bikes have a 15mph limit therefore no registration or insurance required. Is it something similar on the Ami?

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I'd argue that at 29mph you'd be safer in the Ami. You have at least got a (thin) cage, and you would hopefully be more visible. No I wouldn't like to be in it at 70mph, and there are stories of Citroen 2CVs opening like a tin of sardines when they crash but not sure if that's substantiated or folklore

People seem to be missing the point that it's limited to 29mph speed. It will do that going uphill or downhill.

And aren't we getting audio warning about speed limits on the next generation of cars too ? I believe you can push the accelerator past the limit in these cars but the alert keeps going off.

I don't see any risk on 30mph roads. I stick to the limits and don't see dangerous drivers queuing up to get past me. Most people stick to the limit give or take.

D

Deleted member 26715

one of the european manufacturers should just blatantly copy it - its being going on the other way for long enough:okay:

But that would at least make the price double if not triple after the greed tax has been added in

Milkfloat

An Peanut
People seem to be missing the point that it's limited to 29mph speed. It will do that going uphill or downhill.

The review I saw on YouTube showed it struggling up hills. It also showed it without a rear view mirror. I guess that is so you cannot see the angry faces behind.

I think the future of transport could look a little like this in some places, but I don't think the Ami is the answer.

D

Deleted member 26715

29mph?

But why??? I dont mean that to be a philosophical question, but a technical one, or even legal.

Do you have to not pay some registration fees or some other such thing? Its like e-bikes have a 15mph limit therefore no registration or insurance required. Is it something similar on the Ami?

It's an EU conversion of 45KPH although why 45 I don't know, but un the UK there is a weight limit as well which means it's not actually a car.

Cerdic

29mph?

In France they have a class of vehicles called “voiturettes” or something similar. They are speed limited and can be driven without a licence by 14 year olds. Has been a thing over there for donkeys years…

Top Bottom