City-link strike again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
While phoning city-stink customer support..

Me: I see from the tracking site that I've been carded, but the driver left no card.
CS: what's your address?
Me: xx Wayman Road
CS: hmm, is your address similar to anyone else's in your road?
Me: well yes... We are number xx, there are another 70 houses here..
CS: can you check to see if he left the card in any of the houses?
Me: what... All 70?
CS: ah.. Or I could put out a 'mandatory contact request' to the delivery office.. They have to respond within 2 hours. But they sometimes don't...
Me: it's ok, I'd better drive to the depot.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It really amazes me how anyone can give CL business.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
If wiggle weren't so damn good most of the time I'd not use them purely because of city link.

Now I have a 90minute drive to the depot and back.

Do what I always do.
You can leave a note asking them to send via Royal Mail rather then City Link.
Wiggle haven't failed me yet on that.

green1

Über Member
Do what I always do.
You can leave a note asking them to send via Royal Mail rather then City Link.
Wiggle haven't failed me yet on that.
I tried that with Ebuyer with regards to UPS, I was refused and told them to delete my account, which I was told they couldn't, then they could. A year later I got some spam mail from them and it turned out they mearly frozen my account when they said they had deleted it. I reported them to the ICO.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I tried that with Ebuyer with regards to UPS, I was refused and told them to delete my account, which I was told they couldn't, then they could. A year later I got some spam mail from them and it turned out they mearly frozen my account when they said they had deleted it. I reported them to the ICO.

In my experience UPS are not even in the same ball park as CL for awfulness.

green1

Über Member
In my experience UPS are not even in the same ball park as CL for awfulness.
As I say it must depend on your local depot, I have never had a problem with Citylink where as the closest I had to next day delivery from UPS was 3 days late.

stevede

My business sends in excess of 600 consignments a day via CL.

Most of the time they are excellent, (not significantly better or worse than others we have used)

What I will say though, is that when they do mess up, they seem to do it spectacularly.

PaulB

Legendary Member
We've had serious problems, and I am talking life-or-death problems with the following, in no order of awfulness;
UPS
Fed-Ex
City-Link
TNT
If we get any of the above to deliver a life-saving stent graft, the only one in the universe for a specific patient to be treated that same day, all couriers of any of the above companies are happy to receive a signature and IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO FROM! It may as well be janitor supplies or stationary as far as they're concerned. So we, the surgeon or the IR consultant ring the stores, the supplies, the wards to track down a certain Scribble McScribble and find out where the life-saving device is.

We have ascertained one TNT driver for my N England territory - we've had no joy in Scotland - will do what's requested of him. He was asked 'if this was your mother or father, and one day it may well be, in need of this device, would you ENSURE it got in the right hands at the right time?' to which he obviously replied 'yes.' We always ask for him personally and if he's not on that route, we've got his phone number and he's got all his colleagues so he ensures they are made aware of what they are delivering and makes sure it gets in the right hands.

subaqua

What’s the point
We've had serious problems, and I am talking life-or-death problems with the following, in no order of awfulness;
UPS
Fed-Ex
City-Link
TNT
If we get any of the above to deliver a life-saving stent graft, the only one in the universe for a specific patient to be treated that same day, all couriers of any of the above companies are happy to receive a signature and IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO FROM! It may as well be janitor supplies or stationary as far as they're concerned. So we, the surgeon or the IR consultant ring the stores, the supplies, the wards to track down a certain Scribble McScribble and find out where the life-saving device is.

We have ascertained one TNT driver for my N England territory - we've had no joy in Scotland - will do what's requested of him. He was asked 'if this was your mother or father, and one day it may well be, in need of this device, would you ENSURE it got in the right hands at the right time?' to which he obviously replied 'yes.' We always ask for him personally and if he's not on that route, we've got his phone number and he's got all his colleagues so he ensures they are made aware of what they are delivering and makes sure it gets in the right hands.

amazing what a little going above and beyond gets. yet so many people don't get it.

Arch

Married to Night Train
UPS
Fed-Ex
City-Link
TNT

Jesus, stuff like that gets sent by commercial courier?!?!?:eek:

Top Bottom