City-link strike again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
Because they are paid to?
Wrong, they are paid to drive and deliver but caring needs motivation and poor pay and conditions does not motivate.

Because if the pay is low and the stress is high you dont get properly motivated staff.
Low pay plus no stress is probably almost acceptable
High pay plus high stress very acceptable
Low pay plus high stress why should the driver really care after all his employer is getting what he is paying for.
if like my brother who has worked for most courier companies in London now, most work long hours, drive long distances daily, work is controlled entirely by whether you get on with the controller - therefore your pay is effectively controlled by the controller, you have to sort your tax & NI out and if you don't work 5 of the 6 days a week, you don't get the bonus that makes ends meet. Most also only rent the vehicles from the companies and have to pay for them, fuel, insurance etc so if the vehicle breaks down you don't get to make your 'bonus' that makes it worthwhile.. they also have to rent their radios (to actually be in contact with controller and all in all it is not an easy living and my brother's health and weight show it. (As do the phone calls when sitting in stationary traffic yet again....hoping to find someone to talk to)

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
Because if the pay is low and the stress is high you dont get properly motivated staff.
Low pay plus no stress is probably almost acceptable
High pay plus high stress very acceptable
Low pay plus high stress why should the driver really care after all his employer is getting what he is paying for.
Really?
I would suggest that you have either a very limited worldview and minimal experience or that you are making your ideas fit your ideas.

I'm a volunteer, unpaid, with a stressful position, I'm motivated.
I've been highly paid with high stress, it wasn't acceptable
I've been low paid with high stress, I took pride in doing it better than anyone else.

People maybe motivated or not by lots of things outside of stress or pay, and anyone who doesn't care about their work, no matter how little they are paid, deserves to learn all about Maslow's hierachy of needs from the hungry end. The drivers are paid more than JSA that should be all the motivation they should need.

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
Really?
I would suggest that you have either a very limited worldview and minimal experience or that you are making your ideas fit your ideas.

I'm a volunteer, unpaid, with a stressful position, I'm motivated.
I've been highly paid with high stress, it wasn't acceptable
I've been low paid with high stress, I took pride in doing it better than anyone else.

People maybe motivated or not by lots of things outside of stress or pay, and anyone who doesn't care about their work, no matter how little they are paid, deserves to learn all about Maslow's hierachy of needs from the hungry end. The drivers are paid more than JSA that should be all the motivation they should need.
I am motivated by my high earnings and the appreciation of my manager.

Your last sentence is utter bollox, £2_50 an hour is higher than JSA should they or anyone for that matter be motivated by that.

Peteaud

Veteran
I used CRC for the 1st time this week.

Came parcel force, tracking no worked fine so i could see it had been loaded.

spot on service.

Will use crc again just because its not yodel, sh1ty link etc.

Little yellow Brompton

I am motivated by my high earnings and the appreciation of my manager.

Your last sentence is utter bollox, £2_50 an hour is higher than JSA should they or anyone for that matter be motivated by that.
Which is possibly why you don't understand the motivation of a job well done. I don't need to be bribed to do it well , or have my tummy tickled , I've always tried to do every job as well as I can.

If they think that their pay and conditions are too harsh to be able to do the job properly they might like to consider JSA and see if that suits them better?

The deal is :-

£X with Y stress and do the job properlY If they don't like any of the three parts of the deal, then walk away, but don't take it out on the customer.

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
Hardly bribed, my company made an average profit of 36% on the projects I designed and sold which was about £250k overall.

You seem to have changed your stance regarding JSA as your first post stated any wage over JSA should be a motivation.

e-rider

crappy member
Which is possibly why you don't understand the motivation of a job well done. I don't need to be bribed to do it well , or have my tummy tickled , I've always tried to do every job as well as I can.

If they think that their pay and conditions are too harsh to be able to do the job properly they might like to consider JSA and see if that suits them better?

The deal is :-

£X with Y stress and do the job properlY If they don't like any of the three parts of the deal, then walk away, but don't take it out on the customer.
come on, you are talking crap here

Little yellow Brompton

come on, you are talking crap here
???

When you buy something such as, say a new tyre, you hand over perfectly good money, and you expect to be given a product that does what it says. Why should that be any different when you are buying labour?

Here is my money, it is X amount, for that I ,expect Y work to be done, correctly. Work is a commercial transaction, just like buying that tyre, you woudn't expect to pay for £X for a £X tyre, take it home and find out that its was only 80% of a tyre, and if that happened you wouldn't expect to be told " Well if you pay peanuts...?" .

For work, I took delivery of a pallet of toys on Friday, delivered by a City Link lorry.

The driver looked like he had been driving for about 24 hours non-stop, and he was glamorously dressed in ripped jeans, a grotty t-shirt and manky trainers. And the truck had at least 2 tyres that looked very soft. I guess they hadn't been checked for a considerable time.

All in all, not too impressive and I am glad that we do not entrust any outward shipments to the tender care of City Link......

green1

Über Member
Well Utterly Pish Service live up to their usual standards around here of being 2 days late with their delivery. I wouldn't mind but I had to pay 20 quid delivery on the order.

Top Bottom