Cl*rkes C*aches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
tdr1nka said:
When got out my camera and took a pic of his reg, he swung the coach at me.........wonder if I should report it to the Police?

Based on that alone the minumum you should do is call the police. This person is a professional driver paid to transport people in safety and SHOULD know better that to drive in such a manner. Call the police and get them to have a word in the driver's ear as a bare minumum. I'd sooner see pillocks like that out of a job and picking litter of local roundabouts...:angry:

Crackle said:
yep, I've seen them, though not quite sure what it's about. Perhaps RT knows?

I know a little about it, but not much. As far as I can tell it's pretty meaningless - all new lorry drivers after 10th September 2009 have to get a CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) in addition to their driving licence. I don't know why. I (and other drivers who already have their licence before 10-9-09; not just me) am exempt, but I have to do some sort of refresher course before 10-9-14. It seems (from looking here that most of it is stuff lorry drivers really should already know, and I confidently predict it's going to be a complete bloody waste of time when I do it in 2014, but there we go. It comes in a year earlier for coach drivers, incidentally, and speaking of coach drivers ... I'd report the one in the OP to anyone I could find who'd listen. Who the hell does he think he is, driving like that?:biggrin:

Origamist

Legendary Member
I complained about Clarkes Coaches a couple of years ago - and got the standard "brush off" reply. The incident was not disimilar to yours and happended in Kennington. The driver was middle aged, overweight and had a pallid complexion (shock horror)- the coach was empty. I have had a number of run ins with CCs and I'm glad you reported them. Was there any CCTV in the area?

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Origamist said:
I complained about Clarkes Coaches a couple of years ago - and got the standard "brush off" reply. The incident was not disimilar to yours and happended in Kennington. The driver was middle aged, overweight and had a pallid complexion (shock horror)- the coach was empty. I have had a number of run ins with CCs and I'm glad you reported them. Was there any CCTV in the area?

Thats exactly the same as my incident in every detail.:biggrin:
And it was at Kennington Oval, just as you cross the start of the Brixton Rd. heading north to the Oval & Vauxhall.

Police have taken the details with enthusiastic disinterest and I have not as yet received a reply from Cl*rks.

I shall look into the CCTV option, cheers!

Origamist

Legendary Member
tdr1nka said:
Thats exactly the same as my incident in every detail.:biggrin:
And it was at Kennington Oval, just as you cross the start of the Brixton Rd. heading north to the Oval & Vauxhall.

Police have taken the details with enthusiastic disinterest and I have not as yet received a reply from Cl*rks.

I shall look into the CCTV option, cheers!

When I see a Clarkes Coach over my shoulder I feel a little nauseous but I put this down to the horrid pea-soup livery. The speed and often bullying way they travel down Kennington Road is of far greater concern.

Do you ride a black bike and wear a cyclechat jersey - if so, I may have seen you a few times near Oval tube.

Origamist

Legendary Member
tdr1nka said:
I don't do that run too regularly and I've either been on a silver Trek MTB or silver Decathlon roadie so I don't think it's me you'll have seen. If I'd been on the trike you would have known:biggrin:.

Actually, it couldn't have been you - the guy didn't look like your avatar either! :biggrin:

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
OOoops!:biggrin:

subaqua

What’s the point
Just had brush off from them too.

incident this morning at Fenchurch street where its narrow and has a kink in road. twunt of a driver forgot I would still be in the road as he passed.

he didn't like it when i banged on his window and had a rant at him when he had stopped to let passengers off.

Top Bottom