Claiming mileage

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by pjd57, 17 Aug 2017.

1. BrumJim

BrumJim Poster

My new company asked me to sign a form if I wanted to use my car for company business. Looked at the form and noticed that it also had a "bicycle" option, so ticked that one instead, and signed.
    Not used the option yet. First chance, the customer's office was so close, walking was the most sensible option. Actually it was so close I could probably have had the conversation by yelling out of the window. Confidentiality rules would have been broken, though.

Second chance - larger group and only a mile away, so we had a walk-and-talk debrief instead.

Last edited: 18 Feb 2018
    mjr and Drago like this.
  2. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

I must admit that if I had a job where cycle mileage was claimable and I was cycling in works time I would consider it a huge bonus and not claim a penny.

3. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

I get to ride most days on company time and I wouldn't dream of claiming mileage for it.

screenman likes this.
  4. Drago

Drago Guru

I used to get paid to ride company bikes, and drag them all round southern england training others.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice