clanky freehub; safe to ride?

safe to ride?

• absolutely

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • not at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tangoup51

I'd of included that in your first post, as its left alot of people to speculate whether its due to broken bearings etc.

My freewheel on the boardman has been doing it for a while now. - I'm going to run it into the ground and then throw it at halfords to replace it. For the type of Freehub body you've got, you won't do any damage to it by running it dry. It can be replaced regardless.

Gary E

Veteran
Ah, I see, it was a trick question ;)

I was assuming one of the Pawls inside had broken (as was the case when it happened to me).

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i was offered a replacement wheel, but not with a mavic319 rim. i pointed out that there were two demonstrator bikes they could have taken an identical wheel from, but apparently that’s not allowed

Tangoup51

i was offered a replacement wheel, but not with a mavic319 rim. i pointed out that there were two demonstrator bikes they could have taken an identical wheel from, but apparently that’s not allowed

Strange, they use that rim on alot of their range. - Did you check out what alternative(s) where avaliable? other rims could be just as good.

And no, sadly those bikes must be kept in original state as people try them out etc.

Top Bottom