Clarkson Suspended...

  • Thread starter Deleted member 35268
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Location
Northumberland
Fair enough.
 

TVC

Guest
The problem is that it is such a big money earner the BBC can't contemplate laying it to rest and can't afford to risk a bunch of unknowns* stepping in, so they have no choice but to employ a high profile lead.


*Admit it, we were all a bit anti May when he started until we worked out he was into Scalextric and Action Man.
 

Levo-Lon

Legendary Member
On the plus side the younger viewers will love the new Me Me Me...Chris Evans Show..as we have created a Me Me Me society...
 
Location
Yorkshire
I only watched Top Gear on and off but I think the Clarkson style appealed to a certain group of grumpy old men. I think Clarkson's years in motoring journalism fed the sardonic, seen-it-all outlook. Chris Evans, like him or loathe him, brings positivity and enthusiasm to the stuff he does. I think the new show will be more "up" than the old one. Whether that turns Top Gear fans off remains to be seen.
 

Cush

Legendary Member
Clarkson and his team were a bunch of clowns that did little in the way of ordinary motoring but at least they had guts. I really hope I am wrong but I think Evans is a clown who will do as he is told, his program will probably not relate in any way to the ordinary motorist but will have a lot to do silly Clarkson type pranks.
 

albion

Legendary Member
Location
Gateshead
Who was the guy I vaguely recall who played the Richard Hammond role for Chris Evans on maybe breakfast TV ?

It never quite worked in that Evans looking more bully than Clarkson, who himself compensated by looking a fool in equal measure.
 

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Location
Northumberland
How much is Chris Evans paying the BBC for the opportunity to play with his eye-wateringly expensive toys?

At least now we know TG won't be even attempting to have any journalistic input or balance....
 
Top Bottom