Classic Albums...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pw2389

Kirstie said:
Quiet Life - Japan
The Associates' first album (can't remember the name)

I thought you'd be a bit young for this stuff ;)

Anyhow, re The Associates, if you mean the one with "Transport to Central", "Even Dogs In The Wild", etc. then it's "The Affectionate Punch" - that don't half take me back to the 80s. Still, I think Sulk was the pinnacle - they just let rip and gave full flight to their creative genius - some really mean tunes with Billy's vocals leaping around the place over his typically opaque lyrics. Word has it they turned up at the studio one morning with fish attached to their jackets...don't make musicians like that anymore ;)

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
redcogs said:
Ronnie Lane and Slimchance - 'Anymore for Anymore?'

Ronnie is dead - long live Ronnie.

A marvellous performer-musician-songwriter, indeed, reddington old boy.

gbb

Legendary Member
Fnaar said:
Somewhere, I have a tape my dad had yrs ago, with James Last Orchestra doing Hawkwind's Silver Machine :biggrin::ohmy::blush::wacko::wacko:;):laugh::ohmy:
It has to be heard to be believed! :biggrin:

Chrrrrrrist...i find that hard to believe ;)xx(:biggrin::biggrin:

KitsuneAndy

Metallica - Master of Puppets
Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
Tool - [SIZE=-1]Ænima
Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral
[/SIZE]

Wolvesandy said:
U2 - Joshua Tree

Definitely

pw2389 said:
I thought you'd be a bit young for this stuff :o)

Anyhow, re The Associates, if you mean the one with "Transport to Central", "Even Dogs In The Wild", etc. then it's "The Affectionate Punch" - that don't half take me back to the 80s. Still, I think Sulk was the pinnacle - they just let rip and gave full flight to their creative genius - some really mean tunes with Billy's vocals leaping around the place over his typically opaque lyrics. Word has it they turned up at the studio one morning with fish attached to their jackets...don't make musicians like that anymore :blush:

Unfortunately I'm no spring chicken...having said that i don't recognise half the stuff on this thread because I probably am too young for that (and don't like rock music from the 60s and 70s!!)

gbb

Legendary Member
JJ72...JJ72

Its brilliant when a new band comes along and blows you away (nothing to do with the female bassist being :blush::o))

Top Bottom