Classic Car Auctions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Talking of 205's if i remember rightly the Citroen Visa shared the same underpinings and majority of running gear and was cheaper to boot
It did indeed but there is one huge difference the 205 was one of the most rust resistant cars of it's time. Visa's were water soluble.

Would like a C15 van though just because there are weird looking.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

MarkF

Guru
Fantastic cars.

Beautiful and the colour!! Didn't they do a bright orange too? Cars today zzzzzzzzzz grey, grey, silver, grey, grey, black, silver, grey.................:sad:

I looked for a C6 before buying the MX5, definitely a future classic and I think as low in value as they'll ever be, soon won't be enough for sale, I just didn't want a diesel in the end.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
My wife had 5 of the Scirocco's on the trot over a couple of years never had a probelm at all, I bought one about 10 years back and remembered how bad the brakes were.

Both of mine had head gasket problems. The suspension was really soft too. I was young and stupid and bought a pair of dogs. I can't remember the brakes to be honest. My brother has an N reg Mk1 Golf 1100, that didn't have a servo I think, the brakes were a joke.

I'n hindsight I'd probably rather have a 90's early 00's jap car as a classic car, DC2 Integra Type R, S13, S14a 200SX, RX7 FD, S2000, be way better than a crappy old Ford or VW. 90's jap sport cars, were totally awesome for the regular working man, but also very well built and engineered. Everybody to their own with classic cars though..

tyred

Legendary Member
I think the brakes on the MK1 Golf get a lot of bad press. They are actually pretty good and very controllable but they need a lot of pedal pressure compared to modern cars and they also gained a torturous linkage with a lot of play and free movement during the conversion to RHD which can make the novice Golf driver press the pedal few inches and think nothing is happening. Press a bit more with a bit of force and you will stop.

Having been driving one recently my biggest gripe is the position of the throttle pedal which I feel is plain weird and must have been designed by someone who wore size 15 boots. I find it gives me a sore ankle.

Top Bottom