Classic Car Auctions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Uurgh, no thanks. They were crap back then, and the passage of time hasn't made them any less crap.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I hope you mean the Triking!

Always fancied one, but of course the gentleman making them has long since packed in, assuming he's still with us. Apparently the engineering was excellent on them and the guzzi engine is ao much more appealing than what I understand to be a Harley derived thing on the new Morgan 3 wheeler. Of course it does combine the disadvantages of both car and motorcycle

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Always fancied one, but of course the gentleman making them has long since packed in, assuming he's still with us. Apparently the engineering was excellent on them and the guzzi engine is ao much more appealing than what I understand to be a Harley derived thing on the new Morgan 3 wheeler. Of course it does combine the disadvantages of both car and motorcycle

How about the velomobile version?
1de9a5e507a4c5a7fc39f899413cd760.jpg

Profpointy

Legendary Member
The Morgan's use an S&S V twin. Harley riders hate them, because unlike Harley motors they work quite well, don't break very often, and create this thing called power.

Ooo, just looked that up. Not nearly as unapealing as the Harley engine. So, classic TR3 or new(ish) Mog for same price as the retirement motor?

Or raid the piggy bank and get the Vincent ?

Cavalol

Guru
That Peugeot 205 is mega, but whoever put those gopping wheel trims on it should be made to eat them. As for that for that sodding Poxwagen T5 thing, what the hell is that doing in a classic auction?

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't understand the appeal of the KDFwagen van things.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Mk 1 VW Scirocco for me. I had two of these in the late eighties. I bought one because I loved the looks, looked like a Lancia or Alfa to me, not a VW. It was a complete heap of crap, rot box, that over heated all the time. I then bought a second one and it was worse than the other. After spending a night sleeping in it when it broke down, I got a brand new Nova SR on credit. Always owned Vauxhall's then went Japanese after the VW. Really crap car the Mk1 Scirocco, well the 1.6's I had were dire. But they are the best looking car they've made as far as I'm concerned. The mk 2 just didn't do anything for me. I'm no VW fan though.

Whenever I watch the original Dawn of the Dead film and they are driving one around in the shopping mall killing zombies, it always reminds me of mine. the interior was nice too, shame the car was crap. I'd like a good one, preferably an engine transplant, something more modern, with a decent head gasket for a change..

screenman

Legendary Member
Mk 1 VW Scirocco for me. I had two of these in the late eighties. I bought one because I loved the looks, looked like a Lancia or Alfa to me, not a VW. It was a complete heap of crap, rot box, that over heated all the time. I then bought a second one and it was worse than the other. After spending a night sleeping in it when it broke down, I got a brand new Nova SR on credit. Always owned Vauxhall's then went Japanese after the VW. Really crap car the Mk1 Scirocco, well the 1.6's I had were dire. But they are the best looking car they've made as far as I'm concerned. The mk 2 just didn't do anything for me. I'm no VW fan though.

Whenever I watch the original Dawn of the Dead film and they are driving one around in the shopping mall killing zombies, it always reminds me of mine. the interior was nice too, shame the car was crap. I'd like a good one, preferably an engine transplant, something more modern, with a decent head gasket for a change..

My wife had 5 of the Scirocco's on the trot over a couple of years never had a probelm at all, I bought one about 10 years back and remembered how bad the brakes were.

Top Bottom