Classic Car Auctions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
Not sure whether a kit car is a classic, but the interior in this one is hilarious!

https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/rfh-sport

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Funny how only one of the final bids in the OP were anywhere near the auctioneer's estimate...

I'd like a Jensen Interceptor. But with uprated brakes, uprated suspension, a modern V8 with a supercharger, and a six- or seven-speed manual box.

However, externally, I'd want it to look just as it left the factory.

Something like this, in fact.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/jia/interceptor-r

MarkF

Guru
Soon the super reliable, non electronic/sensor complicated cars from the 1980s will be MOT free, they'll provide great economical & stylish motoring.

I've just bought a 1993 MX5 after looking for over a year for the "right" MK1, pop up headlights and super reliability. :okay: I expect it to be worth 25% more than I paid within 18 months. There is always a tipping point where good standard cars have more wannabee buyers than available cars, I used to have a Pug 306 2000, now they are getting expensive, I would never have thought that possible, but looking at them now, the design still looks fresh and the proportions are bang on. I lusted after a 2CV when sellers couldn't give them away, look at their prices now!

Drago

Legendary Member
I used to occasionally lift share with a PC who was a karting champion in his youth. He had a sixties beetle and an MX5. I'm not sure how he did it, but he drove both sideways virtually the whole journey. Alas, I coudnt fit in the '5 umless the roof was down, so he usually brought the Beetle if picking me up.

tyred

Legendary Member
Just looking at this again, mine isn't an early 205, it's quite a late one from 1996. 204,000 thousand miles so far (There was about 60,000 on it when I paid €360 for it 12 years ago). Engine still good, not using any oil. Gearbox okay but synchro weak on 2nd and 3rd (but I don't really care as I know how to use a crash a gearbox). Hasn't really needed anything other than normal service parts. Bodywork is still sound enough, the bootlid is the wrong colour as it I replaced it after being rear-ended at traffic lights shortly after I bought it. Mid 50s MPG perfectly achievable, nice soft seats and magic carpet ride and high ground clearance meaning it can be driven through fields in the old French tradition. I see no reason to get rid of it at the moment, especially now as it is used so little as I now can walk to work. Only real issue is the rising cost of insurance and the fact that cars over 15 year old are considered high risk here and many insurance companies won't even give a quote on it as people were buying cheap cars to fake accidents for fraudulent claims (apparently) :sad:
snow1.jpg

Soon the super reliable, non electronic/sensor complicated cars from the 1980s will be MOT free, they'll provide great economical & stylish motoring.

I've just bought a 1993 MX5 after looking for over a year for the "right" MK1, pop up headlights and super reliability. :okay: I expect it to be worth 25% more than I paid within 18 months. There is always a tipping point where good standard cars have more wannabee buyers than available cars, I used to have a Pug 306 2000, now they are getting expensive, I would never have thought that possible, but looking at them now, the design still looks fresh and the proportions are bang on. I lusted after a 2CV when sellers couldn't give them away, look at their prices now!

6F484B7F-26FA-46E8-9DCA-7F62D3A0EE89.jpeg

F93EEC21-74A5-48EE-B8B4-C4981E1FEE74.jpeg

D7A98661-07CF-4EEE-B590-6E422FEB3500.jpeg

I like cars with no electronics as well.

Fuelling and timing adjustments were done from the steering wheel, with levers, on this. I wonder how long it will be before it falls into my price bracket?

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I learned to drive in a 205 Diesel. Surprisingly sprightly, as I recall.

I'd love one now.

Anybody else watch Hub Nut on YouTube?

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Talking of 205's if i remember rightly the Citroen Visa shared the same underpinings and majority of running gear and was cheaper to boot

Top Bottom