Classic Car of the future "cheap"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
[QUOTE 4474217, member: 259"]The BX had that fancy suspension system didn't it?[/QUOTE]
Yep and it worked great if a bit wallowy on regular roads, it came into its own on less well maintained ones.

Rollers use the same system I believe.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
[QUOTE 4474244, member: 45"]I bet one of those wasn't an Allegro.[/QUOTE]
Did the Allegro have a square steering wheel?

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I beg to differ. The Renault4 and Citroen 2CV and DS are classic cars and well sought after. I have owned many Renaults and Citroens and been pleased with all of them. My present car is a Renault Captur. Great car.
e
^

It was a Renault Capture ....

but a week or two later the e fell off.
*only joshin'* :tongue:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
[QUOTE 4474059, member: 259"]I think that was the Vel Satis. It was truly hideous.

800px-Renault_Avantime_lh.jpg

[/QUOTE]
Not nearly as fugly as the Fiat Multipla or to give it it's full title, Multi-Plah-Ralph-Huey.

I have proof, here is the top of the range Ralph-Huey-SteamLine ....

Screenshot_20160922-192613.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4474059, member: 259"]I think that was the Vel Satis. It was truly hideous.

800px-Renault_Avantime_lh.jpg

The Safrane was quite cool-looking at its time.[/QUOTE]

Just realised your pic was of the Avantine, which was the one I was thinking of.
image.jpeg
This is the Velsatis.

gbb

Legendary Member
Ironically, despite the sh1te reputation some British cars have had, consider the following...
See how often you'll see an old Citroen BX or even a Xantia around now. Both were extremely popular and bountiful on the roads when new. Theyre a very rare sight now. I used to drive a company Xantia, nice cars.
Also look how many old Rovers are still on the road now, 200s, 400s, 600s, 75s etc etc, they're actually quite a common sight, despite their reputation and age.

I have no hatred of French cars BTW, I've never owned one either.

GuyBoden

Guru
Ironically, despite the sh1te reputation some British cars have had, consider the following...
See how often you'll see an old Citroen BX or even a Xantia around now. Both were extremely popular and bountiful on the roads when new. They're a very rare sight now.

From the other perspective, you rarely see an old Rover in France, but plenty of old Citroens..................

Top Bottom