Classic cars that have been passed over...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Liveaxle

walker said:
Triumph Dolomite and the hillman imp

The sprint was nice, bit of a handful mind

GaryA

Subversive Sage
I had one of these in my misspent youth, Hillman Hunter GLS -well out of production even then, 1750 Holbay engine, 2 huge webers...fairly nippy with overdrive on steering column stalk, stiff springs and totally reliable unlike a Dolomite 1850 I had later :biggrin:...shile of pite!

[ATTACH=full]161735[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 2dlmamf.jpg
    2dlmamf.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 0
Liked the Alfasud myself.. okay they rotted, the bits fell off, the electrics never worked after rain, the sunroof leaked, the windscreen leaked .. nice pool of water on the shelf under the steering wheel.. but it went like stink, cornered like it was on rails and had a glorious engine note...

gbb said:
The Metro 6R4 was a beast and had stood the test of time..they're still used competetively now.

Minis...they dont really fit in this post :smile:..they are a classic in every sense.

I've had a few...good uns and terrible ones.
Best was a 1963 Countryman Estate, wooden trim on the sides...but it had 12inch wheels and a 1300 engine. Christ, it used to go like stink.
The guy who sold it me had spent a fortune on it, and he was unwittingly ahead of his time....he'd painted all the chrome and wood matt black, and the paint job was a very mellow yellow. It looked fantastic.
Several years later, chrome dissappeared and matt black trim was everywhere.
I killed it...:thumbsup: Drove it at full throttle everywhere.

First mini was a 1959 850 saloon...lasted well considering its age.
Last one was an 850 van, converted to take seats in the back....it was crap :ohmy:.

as you said, mini's dont belong here cause they ARE real classics!- so i wont waffle on, otherwise people would soon tire of boredomn.., other classics owned by me brother-in law include a 1971 ford mustang mach1, a 1969 dodge charger, and a ford anglia 105e.. all of which are great (but still prefer a mini...)

I owned one of these. It was my first car. Remarkably it was a f**ny magnet.

austina30.JPG

gbb

Legendary Member
Is that an Opel Manta lardyboy ?. I used to love those.....i had an Opel Ascona 2.0 SR, same wheels, probably same car in many ways.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Lardyboy said:
I owned one of these. It was my first car. Remarkably it was a f**ny magnet.

austina30.JPG
Hee hee... I've travelled from London - Lake District in one of those (a friend's)... took us forever! And the heating wasn't working... and it was winter....

gbb said:
Is that an Opel Manta lardyboy ?. I used to love those.....i had an Opel Ascona 2.0 SR, same wheels, probably same car in many ways.

No it was a Vauxhall Cavalier Sportshatch 2000 GLS, ACY932T. How sad I can remember these things!:smile:

But it's the same underneath gbb.

Top Bottom